My name is bikehorn, and i'm an Orchestral Manouevers In The Dark fan.

bikehorn

• Members

So, over the past year or so i've been kind of revisiting the 80's electronic and pop stuff i grew up hearing (my brother and sister were kids of the 80's). So my music collection has grown to include large quantities of Depeche Mode, New Order, Peter Gabriel, The Smiths, etc....and especially OMD.

holy crap, these guys make me want a vintage analog synth or 8! the songs are so catchy, the synth tones are so captivating and the structure/production on all these OMD discs was brilliant. i've collected some digitally, others on vinyl...so far, i have their Self Titled album, Organisation, Dazzle Ships, Architecture & Morality, Liberator and The Pacific Age...ahhhh i can't stop listening to them these days. so unlike anything else.

anyone else a fan? i seem to recall Jazz Ad posting a thread or two about them like 2 or 3 years ago.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

You're all a decade late. Listen to ELP if you really want to hear it done right. My first ever rock concert was those three insanely talented bastards at Madison Square Garden, with the a full symphony orchestra. Holy {censored}. Every concert since has been anticlimactic....

That or ELO...great orchestration

• Members

Originally posted by FreestyleIntruder

Always get confused between OMD and ELO for some reason...

bikehorn, software synths have come a LONG way and can get pretty damn close to those analogue ones now

yup, Arturia makes some great Prophet and Moog virtual synths, plus the CS80, and others...

Archived