Whats a good pre amp?

Cabbass

• Members

I'm working on putting together a rig. So far i have a mesa boogie 1200w 8x10 and a power amp to push that. I just dont know what is a good pre-amp for around 600 or so dollars. Could any one suggest a couple? Also i'm looking for a tube pre-amp.

• Members

Originally posted by tylytle

Ampeg SVP?

Ty

That seems to be the most popular choice for an all-tube preamp around here. I've got one, as well as a Sansamp RBI, and I like the RBI better for what I play. Translate: if you'd like the SVP-Pro, I'd be willing to part with it for a modest fee. PM me if interested.

• Members

Originally posted by SpaceGhost

I tried out the FX1 and loved it. On a side note: Fretless, I bid on that Ibanez delay pedal and won. I got it the day before yesterday-- it's such a sweet pedal. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Awesome !!! Congrats ;):thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Cabbass

I'm working on putting together a rig. So far i have a mesa boogie 1200w 8x10 and a power amp to push that. I just dont know what is a good pre-amp for around 600 or so dollars. Could any one suggest a couple? Also i'm looking for a tube pre-amp.

What type of sound are you looking for. The Ampeg and Alembics are both great pre's, but are worlds apart.

• Members

Originally posted by The Ox

The SansAmp ones are NOT tube.

Anyways, the SWR Interstellar Overdrive has preamp tubes, as well as two EL-84 power tubes, to get girthy power tube overdrive at any volume. The EL-84s can also be used as a small 4-watt practice amp.

I really want one.

If you say so, though I'm suprised as I wouldn't think SWR would be up your street

Archived