My socks are wet.

BEAD

• Members

Originally posted by Fran da Man

What did you do for the first 7 hours
:confused:

If he's like me, when I was a kid I had to walk to school 25 miles in a driving snow, uphill, in shoes I had to alternate with my younger brother. Carrying my lunch, which was a piece of broken glass. If I was lucky.

• Members

Originally posted by Fran da Man

What did you do for the first 7 hours
:confused:

I work from 4:30am to 1pm at a coffee shop.

I bike 10 miles to work in the rain, so my socks get wet. I usually pack a spare set (I remembered spare pants!) but today I forgot to.

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

I work from 4:30am to 1pm at a coffee shop.

I bike 10 miles to work in the rain, so my socks get wet. I usually pack a spare set (I remembered spare pants!) but today I forgot to.

bummer

Got a radiator handy and a class full of tolerant fellow students?

• Members

Originally posted by johnny6644

bummer

Got a radiator handy and a class full of tolerant fellow students?

Sometimes I put my socks under the hand dryer in the bathroom at my work, but it doesn't really work that well.

:D

• Members

If he's like me, when I was a kid I had to walk to school 25 miles in a driving snow, uphill, in shoes I had to alternate with my younger brother. Carrying my lunch, which was a piece of broken glass. If I was lucky.

You had broken glass? We dreamed of having broken glass.

• Members

sarcasm

I noticed your sarcasm.

It really isn't terribly wet though, because it doesn't really rain all that hard, and it doesn't rain all day.

It does seem to rain during my commute though.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

You live in Orygyun, you should have web feet and this shouldn't bother you.
:p

You'd be surprised. I work on a drive through at my coffee shop and people are all freaked out because rain is getting in their car.

:rolleyes:

• Members

You'd be surprised. I work on a drive through at my coffee shop and people are all freaked out because rain is getting in their car.

:rolleyes:

You've gotten all of our rain... we're down well over ten inches. Plus, we had a 77 degree day at the end of December.

The Oklahoma fires were bearing down on us, but, amen, we finally got some rain.

• CMS Author

Man, you kids with your broken glass and brothers and sisters, you're all pussies. Why in my day, we didn't even have arms and legs. We were just stumps. Glass? Hah! We had no glass, no food. We had to suck lint off the carpet for nourishment. And Drive-throughs? How the {censored} were we supposed to drive with no arms and no legs....one stump working the gas, the other working the gas and brakes? Coffee house jobs? Damn, we dreamed of a cush job like that. We had to mine coal all day. We were lint-sucking, coal-mining stumps. But we were glad for what we had.:mad:

:D *Most of this courtesy of the great Richard Jenny*:D

• Members

You might want to look at a pair of goretex sock liners. You wear them over your regular sock, and they do a really good job of keeping your feet dry. Check 'em out at REI, Freddies or GI Joe. They're not cheap ($20-$30), but cheaper than a pair of goretex boots.

Unless, of course, you enjoy being an Oregon webfoot...

:D

• Members

I think it's rained every day for the last 30 or so. Really... it's on the news and such.

:mad:

Send it this way!!! We need it!!!!

You've gotten all of our rain... we're down well over ten inches. Plus, we had a 77 degree day at the end of December.

The Oklahoma fires were bearing down on us, but, amen, we finally got some rain.

No kidding...I live near Fort Smith (actually work in Fort Smith)...

• Members

Originally posted by groutt

Oh man, are they going to be some ugly wrinkled pissed off feet when you get home.

Too true. Having wet feet for an extended period of time sucks. I used to work as a dishwasher for a big restaurant, and my feet would be completely soaked(and I mean SOAKED) for just about the whole 7 hours I worked every day. When I got home and took my socks off, my feet would just be this nasty pale (almost seafoam) color, and I had callouses on the sides of my big toes so thick that it hurt to bend them down.

I feel your pain chunkathalon, I feel your pain.

Archived