Just Strings Sucks!!

Mudbass

• Members

Originally posted by bassment zombie

What GC can't 'beat their ass on' is the selection. 10x+ selection at JS. Every time I've been at GC, the selection of bass strings is relatively miniscule. As well, there are many strings that both will offer, and JustStrings is cheaper. This is, unless your local GC is vastly different from the huge Boston and Natick GCs local to me...

Yeah, the selection is good, but I play EB Super Slinkys or DR Lo-Riders. Every time I've tried another string I've hated it.

I think I'll give Webstrings a shot, though, because I find myself needing to change strings alot more than I used to...

C7

• Members

I'm another fan of JustStrings.com too. I think their selection is great, and I've always found their pricing to be great. I used to be a violinist - I still play from time to time - and their pricing on my favorite fiddle strings (Pirastro Eudoxas) is fantastic. I've always got what I wanted, pretty quickly, with no problems, no matter for what instrument (I have a pile of cheap guitars and basses, so for me, it's great).

I wouldn't begrudge them the $5.95 shipping, honestly. Boxes cost money, labor costs money, labels, time, and so on. It seems like a small price to pay, to me.

And I'm totally with bassment zombie - there is no possible way that GC in the greater Boston area has anywhere near the prices or selection. GC can KMA anyhow, but thanks to JustStrings, I don't ever have to set foot in that wretched place ever again to get DR strings or a set of strings for my Dano Electric 12-string guitar.

Consolidate your string orders if the shipping bugs you, or buy a year's worth of strings in advance. I bet they give you a better deal on bulk. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass
Such a deal!

Include handling as well. Plus, with Just Strings prices on my SIT Nickel Rock Brights (significantly lower than I can find elsewhere), it's still worth the shipping when I buy at least two or three sets at a time!

Example for 4-string set of SIT Nickel Rock Brights:

Just Strings price = $16.71

Bass Guitar Strings price = $19.95

Example for 5-string set of same strings:

JS price = $21.26

BGS price = $25.50

Bass Guitar Strings also charges a flat rate of $5.75, but shipping is free for orders over $75.

• Members

Just got a reply to my email. They have no intention of refunding any of the shipping charges. Well that's OK, I have no intention of buying from them again nor recommending them to anybody else either for that matter. Screw em.

• Members

Just got a reply to my email. They have no intention of refunding any of the shipping charges. Well that's OK, I have no intention of buying from them again nor recommending them to anybody else either for that matter. Screw em.

no {censored}? I can understand your decision then...don't blame you.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

Include handling as well.

How much handling does it take to stuff two sets of bass strings into an envelope and make out an address label? ...and they probably have a program that automatically makes out the label. If restaraunts start charging me a handling charge to bring me my food I'll quit going out. Wait, I guess they do...it's called a tip. ;)

• Members

I've never had bad service from them. One time they accidentally sent me SIT Silencers instead of the Power Wounds I ordered (Silencers are more expensive). I had already installed the Silencers, but they still sent me the Power Wounds free of charge.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

I've never had bad service from them. One time they accidentally sent me SIT Silencers instead of the Power Wounds I ordered (Silencers are more expensive). I had already installed the Silencers, but they still sent me the Power Wounds free of charge.

They just hate me I guess. They're in cahoots with all the traffic lights.

• Members

Geez MB, cut the friggin' cord. That sucks that Just Strings isn't going to refund you the $6 (roughly) for shipping, but in all honesty is that something to get this riled up about? Depending on the packaging, it's not that bad. USPS gives people free packing supplies if they use the Flat Rate envelopes and such, which shipping for those start at $4.10. So, if by chance they used one of those, that $5.95 only turns out to $1.85 in handling charges.

Read the shipping price first, and if you don't like it, don't buy it. I will still continue to go through Just Strings, because hands down their selection is phenominal. And the two times I've talked to someone (in a reasonable manner) there, they've been very helpful and accomodating.

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

Geez MB, cut the friggin' cord. That sucks that Just Strings isn't going to refund you the $6 (roughly) for shipping, but in all honesty is that something to get this riled up about? Depending on the packaging, it's not that bad. USPS gives people free packing supplies if they use the Flat Rate envelopes and such, which shipping for those start at $4.10. So, if by chance they used one of those, that $5.95 only turns out to $1.85 in handling charges.

Read the shipping price first, and if you don't like it, don't buy it. I will still continue to go through Just Strings, because hands down their selection is phenominal. And the two times I've talked to someone (in a reasonable manner) there, they've been very helpful and accomodating.

Back off cowboy. It's been a long long time since a thread of mine hasn't sunk immediately to page 452. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey

Pay 12 bucks handling for two sets of strings? C'mon, you kidding right?

The whole point of buying strings from that place is their prices and then to charge him 12 bucks for two sets is bullshit no matter how one looks at it. And them tell him to go pound salt us his arse?

I too am done with them and we should spread the word.

MB, send them this link and tell them how many customers they may lose by word of mouth because they chose to fuck one.;)

• Members

What does confuse me is they advertise a flat shipping rate per order

Perhaps mudbass can post his initial email and their reply so that we an get a better idea of what's going on

The whole point of buying strings from that place is their prices

Depends on who you are - I've used them simply beause I often can't (and with the chains never) get what I need, but instead get blank stares

• Members

Here's their email

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our shipping and handling charges are fixed on a per order basis. In this case, two separate orders were placed so a shipping and handling charge was assessed to each order. Upon request, we do try to combine such orders. However, due to the very high volume of orders processed (hundreds each day) it is not always possible to catch two orders to the same individual.

To be able to add multiple items to an order it is necessary to enable "cookies". If you do find that you need to place more than one order, or have made an error on an order, please email us right away so that we can make any required adjustments.

Thanks again,

Sandra@JustStrings.com

They're saying I didn't have cookies enabled on my browser and because the two sets of strings had to go into two different shopping carts they were therefore handled as two seperate orders...and I can understand that part of it completely, but I have the security level in IExplorer set at medium-high, I always have the security set at medium high and I've never had any problems ordering stuff, and I order a lot of stuff. As a matter of fact earlier the same evening I ordered some books and DVD's from Barnes & Noble, a new battery for my cell phone and $89 worth of custom guitar cords from Bayou cables with no trouble whatsoever. Everybody else's site I ordered from that night handled my browser settings just fine...come to think of it, this order with Just Strings is the first problem I've ever had with an online order. Guess I was way overdue.

• Members

ah, kinda figured it got double processed (simply due to 2 sets of strings a double shipping charge)

Did they arrive separately packaged?

How did you approach the issue?

have you rsponded to the above posted email?

It certainly sounds as though the charge isn't their regular shipping charge poliy, but rather a logistics problem

• Members

After reading their email and your explanation, that's the breaks. Like JS.com tries to catch things like that, but sometimes you can't; that is reasonable. Personally, when I've been in that situation, if anything online acts weird, I'll just close everything out, and start over again. Saved me from ordering twice (and justifiably paying two shipping costs) more than once.

So, JustStrings didn't screw MB. They unfortunately didn't catch something that happened on HIS END.

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

ah, kinda figured it got double processed (simply due to 2 sets of strings a double shipping charge)

Did they arrive separately packaged?

How did you approach the issue?

have you rsponded to the above posted email?

It certainly sounds as though the charge isn't their regular shipping charge poliy, but rather a logistics problem

Don't know, they haven't arrived and they shipped USPS with no tracking info, which isn't a big deal. I don't care about tracking info unless it's a big purchase. But I guess the moral of the story is that to properly order stuff from Just Strings you need to have your browser's security level set to "come and rape me" or it confuses their system.

• Members

I assume you haven't followed up with that support rep?

I , personaly, haven't had the problem with that site despite similar, default (or at least common), browser settings (I don't mean that say "works on my machine", but mean that there may be other, less obvious, technical issues at play here) ...so "come and rape me settings" may be a bit harsh

I realize you are a bit disappointed, but instead of looking for a 'bad guy' here , it might be more produtive to attempt work with the vendor to clear this up

Archived