ok, combined 10000 post and hopeful new band thread

moody

• Members

Ok. first off. 10000 posts, (yay me), only taken me 6 years.

Now for the real news. I've been bandless for several months since being fired from my old pub rock covers band. (really not very good - singing drummer who couldn't drum at all well - I was the timekeeper in the band).

Why was I fired I hear you ask?? (I don't but yea).... Because I was to young for the band!!! (I'm 29, they are all in their 40's). I was suddenly told one day not to turn up at the next rehearsal we've got a new bass player!!! :(

So anyway, I've been at loose ends for a couple of months without a gigging band, trying to get a duo of the ground, trying to form and original band etc. but really not going to far at this point.

My housemate has been the guitarist in a fleetwood mac tribute band for several months, and now that they aren't too happy with their bass player (he's on the way out) I've got my chance to be in a good band with a reasonably regular income.

Went through all the songs with my housemate tonight, nothing too difficult and according to him I should easily get the job. Reasonably regular gigs, good pay and only 2 hours on stage at a time.

I'm basically stoked, back in the game, keeping my chops up (most of the parts are pretty simple, but there are some trickly little runs in it). I've got to basically study John McVie for a while to the point that I can be him on stage. (maybe I'll have to start playing a 4 string again :D)

Anyway, that's my 10,000th post, with a bit of good news for a change after a basically stuffed year.

Archived