Saw the ugliest bass ever tonight...

desiderium

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I love the most about the Bongo, is that no matter how ugly people think it is, no one who's played one says anything other than how incredible they sound! That must be a hell of a lot of great tone to overcome those looks! Then again, I love obscure, non-standard looking basses, so maybe there's a Bongo in my future!

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

Then again, I love obscure, non-standard looking basses, so maybe there's a Bongo in my future!

Every Bongo that I've played has felt better than any other MM that I've played. They're freaky looking, but they feel and sound great, so I say, go forth and purchase!

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Every Bongo that I've played has felt better than any other MM that I've played. They're freaky looking, but they feel and sound great, so I say, go forth and purchase!

Let's see... Freaky looking, feel great, sound great...

Yep, I definetly see a Bongo in my future!:D

• Members

So, with this new job you may be getting, does a raise come with it?
:D

Unfortunately, it would be a pay cut, an out of state move, and a higher cost of living. But don't worry, I never let the 'inconsequentials' interfere with the gear funds.:D

• Members

Unfortunately, it would be a pay cut, an out of state move, and a higher cost of living. But don't worry, I never let the 'inconsequentials' interfere with the gear funds.

Hey man, I bought close to a million dollar house last year and I've still been able to afford another bass and a Schroeder 1210. I can totally relate. My wife on the other hand...she thinks that I actually "need" this stuff. :D

• Members

Hey man, I bought close to a million dollar house last year and I've still been able to afford another bass and a Schroeder 1210. I can totally relate. My wife on the other hand...she thinks that I actually "need" this stuff.

Nice work man! Ya always gots to have your toys!:D

• Members

Unfortunately, it would be a pay cut, an out of state move, and a higher cost of living. But don't worry, I never let the 'inconsequentials' interfere with the gear funds.

So is this new gig pretty much a done deal? To where will you be moving?

• Members

If you think Bongo is the ugliest bass ever, then you've seen beautiful basses only. I mean, i have a picture of actually THE ugliest atrocity ever to go by noun "bass", but by showing it on this post would be too much for many of you.

So I just present a link to the pic, so that you can open it AT YOUR OWN RISK. (Seriously though, I strongly suggest that if you suspect yourself to be even slightly squeamish or sensitive person, are eating / about to eat / having just eaten your lunch, or want to avoid lifelong trauma, then do not click the following link)

Bender Collision (do not click this)

• Members

Im started to like some of the bongos, depends on colour. Saw a black one with black pearl pickguard and it looked great. I also hated it when I first saw them, but now I might even buy one if I had the money.

• Members

Originally posted by desiderium

it's the MM Bongo Bass. Christ if it didn't make me throw up in the back of my mouth looking at it, but it sure sounded great!

I think they look cool. But I'm obviously a minority...

Originally posted by Moody Johnny

If you think Bongo is the ugliest bass ever, then you've seen beautiful basses only. I mean, i have a picture of actually THE ugliest atrocity ever to go by noun "bass", but by showing it on this post would be too much for many of you.

So I just present a link to the pic, so that you can open it AT YOUR OWN RISK. (Seriously though, I strongly suggest that if you suspect yourself to be even slightly squeamish or sensitive person, are eating / about to eat / having just eaten your lunch, or want to avoid lifelong trauma, then do not click the following link)

That thing makes me think Salvador Dali...

• Members

Originally posted by i_wanna_les_paul

I don't know, but if it can get women like Julia Roberts, I'm gonna buy one today!

I went to see Lyle Lovett at an Austin City Limits that had him, Willie Nelson and Rodney Crowell all together on stage with just acoustics about 10 yrs ago. Didn't know much about Lyle other than the Julia connection and man, was I impressed! This dude has an incredible voice and is an amazing guitar player. Yeah, he can give inspiration to the most visably challenged musicians out there!

Archived