Talking Heads

bikehorn

• Members

these days me and my friend have started vinyl record collections in our dorm rooms. we trade records all the time. for christmas my friend got a bunch of Talking Heads albums. i borrowed them in exchange for my stack of OMD vinyls, and damn! i wish i'd gotten into the Talking Heads earlier. the first song on the first album is still my favourite for the bouncing bassline and rhythm..."Uh Oh, Loves Comes To Town" is just so freaking catchy. Talking Heads: 77 is now one of my favourite albums ever. Tina Weymouth kicked ass.

• Members

Originally posted by Tag

Tina.jpg

:thu:

She was quite the cutie and really talented...The 80s and 90s were great for Alternative Bassists...Tina Weymouth, Kim Gorden, Kim Deal, D'Arcy, Melissa Auf der Mar...

As for the Talking Heads, they're one of my top 5 bands, great stuff...Here's what I wrote about them in an article , let me know if you think I capture them:

The Talking Heads were one of the bands to come out of the CBGB scene in the late 70s, The Talking Heads were an amalgam of punk and art

• Members

Originally posted by King Kashue

She was quite the cutie and really talented...The 80s and 90s were great for Alternative Bassists...Tina Weymouth, Kim Gorden, Kim Deal, D'Arcy, Melissa Auf der Mar...

As for the Talking Heads, they're one of my top 5 bands, great stuff...Here's what I wrote about them in
, let me know if you think I capture them:

The Talking Heads were one of the bands to come out of the CBGB scene in the late 70s, The Talking Heads were an amalgam of punk and art

• Members

I love all their {censored}. truely a great band that reinvented funk, as well as other things.

Anyone see that david Byrne went on tour with an power point presentation last year?

David Byrne powerpoint

I'm trying to find it in flash version so i can watch it, little help?

Originally posted by johnny6644

Captured. The naive lyrics and sometimes tortured vocals, especially on the first two albums, were unique at the time.

In what way are the lyrics naive?

• Members

Absolutely amazing band and bassist. "Remain in Light" is a desert island album for me, and the live disc "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads," particularly the first half with recordings from the 4-piece era, deserves to be up there with the "Live at Leed"s of the world.

Archived