Semi acoustic/Semi hollow basses

percyexpat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by bassman1956

Epi_Rivoli.jpg

ouch!!! you need to post a warning before that pic comes out...I just recovered from the last 'gas attack' casued hernia and you catch me blindsided....

please put me on the list (that likely #s in the hundreds) of people who want that if you ever part with it.

As for those Artcores....I only got to play one for a few minutes and liked it. You can only get the single cutaway here and I far prefer the double like KTs. Needless to say I am trying to convince myself not to buy it...but it is calling to me.....listens to KTs Ibanez calling......tries to resist sending another PM)

• Members

I've got 2 of those EA260s, one's near mint, the other's in pretty rough shape. I had one back in the 70's that I now wish I'd never sold, but that's why I picked one up again. I might consider selling the rougher one if I can get it fixed up a bit first.

I've never played a Rivoli, but I've never really seen them as all that interesting compared to the EA260.

I recently won this, too, another curious take on a semi-hollow:

ae_1.JPG5a_12.JPG

I'm working on cleaning it up now, should work out pretty neat. Took that single coil apart, and found it was a regular 6 pole guitar single coil, so that's one thing that's definitely getting changed (I'll put a blade style stacked or dual coil humbucker in there instead).

The Jack Casady model rules, though, as does Jack himself! :D

• Members

+1 to all the comments about the Casady. I picked one up in a trade deal a few months ago and it has quickly become my main axe. I love the tone-- very mellow and woody, to balls out grind. And I love the way it looks and feels. As far as neck dive-- I just moved the strap button to the upper horn and it's not too bad. A nice wide strap helps too.

• Members

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

As for those Artcores....I only got to play one for a few minutes and liked it. You can only get the single cutaway here and I far prefer the double like KTs. Needless to say I am trying to convince myself not to buy it...but it is calling to me.....
listens to KTs Ibanez calling......tries to resist sending another PM)

Stop listening to Mrs. KT!!!

Block her out so Mr. KT can keep his Artcore.

:(

• Members

Originally posted by SB

I know I wanna
:mad:

I was about to do it, but then I remembered that search is my friend!

Here you go

goodness gracious golly gosh, to put it nicely. i fell in love with that italia mondial and this di pinto belvedere too, although the mondial has a piezo pickup which would swing it for me.

zoom-b-belvdlx-bw.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

goodness gracious golly gosh, to put it nicely. i fell in love with that italia mondial and this di pinto belvedere too, although the mondial has a piezo pickup which would swing it for me.

zoom-b-belvdlx-bw.jpg

Hideously tacky without managing to be so hideously tacky that it becomes cool. Blech.

I agree on the Italia Mondials, though (at least some of them).

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

Hideously tacky without managing to be so hideously tacky that it becomes cool. Blech.

I agree on the Italia Mondials, though (at least some of them).

ooh its horrifically tacky for sure, but i think it is tacky enough to be cool :p might need more silver trim perhaps.

Archived