the future of guitars?

greenshag

• Members

Originally posted by ToeJamFootball

stupid

+1. I wonder if they consulted 'real' guitar players before coming up with this.

Then again, given the number of gadgets, gizmos widgets and bits aimed at the guitarist market, maybe they did...:freak:

• Members

This gave me a good chuckle:

"Beginning with the iconic FENDER Telecaster - made famous by legends from Bruce Springsteen to Franz Ferdinand..."

Franz Ferdinand is already legendary??:confused:

Anyways, yeah, that's a little over the top. What they should have done is make a tablet was small enough to fit on a large pedalboard that has 1/4", RCA, firewire and USB ins, and stereo and headphone outs. Put a midi footswitch on it to control the functions.

Somebody had better get rich off that idea.:mad:

C7

• Members

I've got a project integrating an ART Xtreme distortion pedal inside a guitar, with the knobs sticking out the top (routed and then reassembled). It's what happens when people get bored.

My next project is to turn a 12" rack tom I'm not using into a fan. Going to mount the fan assembly in there and route the wires through the arm and everything. It'll look like a regular drum from the crowd's perspective. I'd considered mounting a small (ITX factor) computer inside one, and putting an LCD on it with a wi-fi card so that I could get online during breaks between shows, or record shows right to it, etc... but I just use my laptop for that.

Archived