@ Bass NW

fretless

• Members

Originally posted by pbass_groovin

purdy but too many strings

I'll admit, I am a little near-sighted and it's getting worse. Plus, when my eyes are tired as they are now, focusing on a computer screen isn't easy. But if it's bass and I have to squint and count the strings, it has too many strings.

• Members

Originally posted by Sacred Cow

heh, i used to have one almost exactly like that when i was into the whole "i need MORE strings!". sold it to some guy in japan years ago. i really don't miss it at all.

Yeah but don't you have like an effin' Wal or something??

Who'd miss anything with that kind of rig! :p

• Members

Originally posted by RockStarBassist

Yeah but don't you have like an effin' Wal or something??

Who'd miss anything with that kind of rig!
:p

hahah, no the wal was years and years after. i went from 4 string to 6 string to 5 string back to 4. the only reason i went to 5 string after the 6 was because that was around the time 7 string guitars were all the rage and i couldn't get a band audition without a low B. i'm glad that trend died. a 4 string is like a comfortable old shoe you never want to get rid of.

• Members

That is a sweet bass. I'd love to give that a try.

I've noticed too, that while a couple years ago, every music store had a couple 6'ers and even a 7 sitting around for people to fawn over and get a hernia while picking them up. Now, when I'm looking to get one, the things are no where to be found.

Archived