Phoenix Rizin update

B-Bottom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I play in a band called Chasing Phoenix and I hate false metal too, I think?? :confused:

Maybe I should send him some copies of our Dave Matthews covers and see what he thinks. ;) And a Sublime tune or two... :D

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom

A new email from my "buddy" just arrived

Our agent, and producer have deemed you incapable of creating anything beyond 3 chords due to your inability to properly play bass, and have any musical influences which actually involve talent. Therefore we will not be sending a plane ticket your way, and we ask that you get bass lessons to compensate.

Your look has also been deemed "homosexual" by our style agent, and very "Central, PA," by her standards. She thinks you might be a good candidate to play for Nirvana. We're very sorry that we cannot help you at this time, but we are looking for real musicians. Thank you, and have a nice day.

I really think this guy wants to {censored} me
:confused:

here is my response

you know if you want to {censored} me just come out and say it. You don't have to keep trying to beat around the bush.

Death to false Hetero's!!!!!

Either A) this guy has the IQ of a field mouse, or B) he's actually an incredibly funny guy messing with you.

Sadly, I'm going to go with A.

• Members

here is the latest reply from the resident metal god.

You just want me to ask you so you can tell all your friends you actually got a blow-job.

to which my reply was

ohhhh you want to blow me........fag.

death to cum gurgling metal!!!!

:D

I'm sure that's one he will appreciate

• Members

Their website was pretty funny. When the guitar player quit or suffered some career ending injury, their site stated noone in the area would be capable of filling his shoes so they were hanging it up. Also some rant about the local club owners not giving them a fair shot....

I have to say as much as I love progressive metal, there isn't too much demand for it. Especially in central PA.

:rolleyes:

edit - Here is their site

• Members

Originally posted by wiermabj

I have to say as much as I love progressive metal, there isn't too much demand for it. Especially in central PA.

I can't even put together a freaking heavy groove band in this area. I can't even imagine trying to put together that type of band

• Members

and the plot sickens....... An email from Mr. Phoenix himself

This coming from the same dip{censored} who hasn't been in a band since COC were cool. You've been looking for a band since the beginning of the year LOL. The fact of the matter is that bands keep turning you down, I turn everyone else down.

That's the difference between being "Central, PA good," and being phenomenal enough to make your own decisions on which band is good enough to keep up with you.

The sad fact is my last band was only together for 7 months. It was ended one night after a show (something bands that are good are awarded) when a truck smashed into the side of our guitarists, and drummers car ruining their musical lives forever. And in 7 months that band pissed off more people, put down so many local bands (to their faces), and made complete asses out of entertainment companies, while forming one of the most loyal metal fan bases in Central, PA, and attracted more attention in 7 months than you could muster up in a {censored}ty 4 chord Black Sabbath/COC hardcore {censored}fest in 5 years!

BTW, I {censored}ed your G/F. I know what you're thinking, "What Girlfriend?"

Very mature huh. My response.

Interesting assesment. Truth be told there tubs is that I am already in a band and have been for about a year. You see chunk I am the rare type who is able to balance several different things in my life. Being in two bands at the same time just happens to be one of them.
I find it disturbing just how anti "central pa" you are. Yet you continue to reside here with this holier than though attitude. And if your greatest accomplishments are pissing off other local bands and playing cock rock in tiny bars to bloated patrons who are all hooked on crank....then go on with your bad self.
Then you go on and give yourself a pat on the back for "having the most loyal fan bass in central pa". Please my good man make up your mind.
You put down Sabbath yet you claim to be a God of metal. You also seem to equate good music with the more complex stuff. That to me screams amature hour. You obviously have no grasp of what music is all about.
So continue to train with Steve Whiteman, place your daily ad on Myspace (you're too stupid to realize that is the wrong forum to find the kinds of musicians you're looking for) and put everyone else down. It's worked wonders for you thus far Joel.

Death to Twinkies!!!!!!!

• Members

Now that Sopranos is over for another season, this is the highest form of entertainment around. Any chance you could get this guy's address so I could get some Halloween decorations autographed by Mr. PlasticSword?

Death to dry ice!

• Members
Originally posted by JakeELee

Now that Sopranos is over for another season, this is the highest form of entertainment around. Any chance you could get this guy's address so I could get some Halloween decorations autographed by Mr. PlasticSword?

Death to dry ice!

Nice. I love the death to dry Ice comment. :D

Actually I believe he sent me his number a while back when he first contacted me. If you'd like perhaps I could set something up to get you that autograph :thu:

• Members

for your viewing pleasure....yet another email from our favorite sword weilding singer. And my God is it a good one. The guy continues to out do himself. Enjoy!

I am not a metal God. I am GOD! I am your master. I am your messiah, and people like you will find any excuse out there to make yourselves feel better about the lack of musical talent you have to justify the simple {censored} you play.

You're the type of guy we used to shove into lockers at school for eating paste, and thinking VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Bands were actually metal! And when Nirvana came around, you looked at their scrubs and said, "I can look like that, and play 3 simple power chord riffs, and I'll be cool too! Then all these big muscular long haired guys that get all the {censored} I want, will finally leave me alone!" Of course then you found out no chick wanted to date a short-haired dirtball in his fathers plaid work shirts, and they actually liked when you took a bath instead of squirting patrouli under your arm-pits to compensate for your mother not paying the water bill!
So let it be written, so let it be done.
Death to Rod Stewart look-a-likes!

• Members

And....my response.

And what excuse was it that I was making? Please clarify for me oh great one. And for your information rolling a 20 sided die and calling yourself a God does not make you one.

And just what kind of school did you go to where kids would eat paste? And was it difficult to put them in the lockers with their helmets and leg braces on?
I have no idea what list on VH1 you are referring to? I have a feeling that you have a whole lot of time to yourself during the day that allows you to watch a lot of TV. Perhaps I'm being presumptuous but I don't really see you as someone who's "skills" are very marketable. Unless we are talking about dealing with raw sewage and maybe the occasional hand job to a john a career. To bad you weren't in that supposed car accident. Maybe then you would of had a real reason to get on SS and not the lame "broad sword" accident that you have on their now.

I'm really confused about all of your references. First I'm a "short haired 3 chord playing fag". Then I'm a plaid wearing grunge follower, then I'm a hippie. For God's sake man.....FOCUS!!!!! Maybe once my chain mail is fixed I'll lend it to you for your next "sword fight" behind K mart. I'm sure your buddies will just love your combination of armor and leather pants.

BTW I love these responses...please keep it up!!!

Death to your calloused hands!!!!

• Members
Originally posted by fastplant

Man, I have a real problem with people who STILL blame Nirvana for killing their scene 15 years later. If it was such a great scene, one band (especially if it was as bad as they all say) wouldn't kill it.

Yep. What I want to know is, would he tell Phil Anselmo that his music was false metal? To his face, I mean? Because that's the stuff that WASN'T destroyed by Nirvana...
Can't say the same about Queensryche...:D
C7

• 4 years later...

Archived