are all avatar cabs this nice?

ryanstanley

• Members

our guitarist just got an avatar 2x12, wheat grill cloth, celestion vintage 30's, no other markings besides the avatar logo.. but this thing is beautiful! unbelievably solid construction, very nice feeling in general.. and we opened up the back, and im not sure what kind of wood they used but it could really be made into an expensive piece of furniture.. maybe birch or maple or something? anyway, we plugged it in last night and it was like.. astonishingly good.. i think we've pretty much defined our sound now. it really separated the guitars well.

anyway, like i said in the title.. are all avatar cabs this good? cause i still need a bass cab. i was planning on getting the svt 810, does avatar make a comparable cab?

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

One of the guitarists in my current band also has one of those along with a THD Univalve head he ordered from Avatar. He has two different speakers per Dave's recommendation.

yeah, combining speakers is always fun.. he's using the cab in combination with a Marshall 1960B with the stock G1275T's-- they blend really well together.

• Members

Originally posted by The Insomniac

I think the guitar cabs have more polish than the bass cabs. The bass cabs are still great but most (all?) of them are covered with carpet and have plastic corners.

I think Avatar's guitar cabs are consistent with most other guitar cabs, and the same goes for the bass cabs...

• Members

Originally posted by The Insomniac

I think the guitar cabs have more polish than the bass cabs. The bass cabs are still great but most (all?) of them are covered with carpet and have plastic corners.

not mine :D;)

v4Brig.jpg

pretty sure they now offer tolex on all cabs though

• Members

ok yeah i checked out the website.. i didnt realize it was such a small company! seems really neat though-- and yeah it does look like the guitar cabs are a bit more polished than the bass cabs.. but either way id like to look into it. do you guys know of anywhere i could hear a clip of one or anything?

• Members

really the main thing im concerned about is this though-- i was seriously planning on getting the svt 810, and im considering this as an alternative. price isnt really an issue for me, whatever cab sounds best is what i want. if i have to save longer, so be it. so based on that, will i regret getting an avatar? or will i still be wishing for the 810?

Archived