Can I brag a little (new bass almost done)

speddling

• Members
Originally posted by speddling

actually it was trying hard NOT to be Watchtower
:D

That too, yeah. The little three chord part said Stairway to me, though.

Anyway, it sounds great. I may just have to buy your CD when you release it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the nut width on that 6 string. I like really tight bridge spacings on my basses, though(too used to VI-types, the customization of my cheap Bich will be a thread soon). It's not for everyone, though.

The 7 is very different. Dig it, though.

4k or under would be fair for something of that level from a smaller builder(they can't afford CNC yet).
Over 4k would be pushing it, but understandable, considering the sammichin'.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

I love the nut width on that 6 string. I like really tight bridge spacings on my basses, though(too used to VI-types, the customization of my cheap Bich will be a thread soon). It's not for everyone, though.

The 7 is very different. Dig it, though.

4k or under would be fair for something of that level from a smaller builder(they can't afford CNC yet).

Over 4k would be pushing it, but understandable, considering the sammichin'.

The 6 is 2 inches wide at the nut. Center to Center on the strings is 1.75 inch. My hands aren't at all large and all 3 are very playable.

As far as the 7's price... I added over $1500 in upgrades with the inlays and Acrylized woods. So with Fred's base price of $2600 on a bolt neck 7 string... $4k is a good call. The other 2 were both a little lower.

Fred will do any spacing within design limitations. I think his standard on a 6 or 7 is 16.5mm... I requested 19mm on mine to match the other 2.

Archived