Can I brag a little (new bass almost done)

speddling

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok! Here are a couple shots and a real short take of my typical noodling.

Bee20060630-03.jpg

Bee20060630-01.jpg

Bee20060630-02.jpg

very short, very limited sample of it plugged right into my sound card. I'll need some time to relearn the high B and E :hiding:

First impressions... is it is very familiar from the get go. Maple & Ash like my others, but with that cool little color wenge adds to the mix. I've been fond of Musicman's for a long while, it's good to actually have a MM style pickup in a bass. I had to give the neck about a 1/4 turn more relief... I've come to realise I lack the finesse a lot of you have. I need to have some bashing room :ninja: Fred carves a great neck, very close to my fretless 6 in feel.

The Acrylized neck is just UNREAL! it's silky and very easy to play. Rock solid!!! Stiffest, stablest neck EVER!!!

Larry @ www.galleryhardwoods.com

Fred @ www.beebasses.com

and Ron Thorn @ www.thorninlay.com

all get my respect and thanks

:thu:

• Members

GReat man...I'm glad you dig it! It seems that you would be the last person that would need "bashing room":D. Considering how well you play you would figure it would be a very light and quick touch. But hey whatever works for you!

Dan:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by willsellout

It seems that you would be the last person that would need "bashing room":D. Considering how well you play you would figure it would be a very light and quick touch.

:D nothing light and quick about me!

Thanks, I've always played on the hard side... too many early years listening and learning Who and Iron Maiden tunes. I have lightened up a bit over the years, but I still prefer my action a little higher than most.

• Members

Originally posted by bottomfeeder

how much does that weigh?

:eek:

It's not a light bass, but it balances perfectly on a strap and is actually a pound or 2 lighter than my Fretless 6.

Anyway, I spent a little time recording this morning...

Click Here

Bee20060630-04.jpg

Bee20060630-05.jpg

Bee20060630-06.jpg

Bee20060630-07.jpg

Bee20060630-08.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

Holy bejeezes that is HUGE!
:eek:

It's beautiful, though.
:cool::thu:

I'm guessing it's going to have a pickup that looks like a rock and costs more than a house?

glad to see people still appreciate my lame sense of humor! :p

that bass looks sweet, man. what're the materials?

• Members

Originally posted by brake

that bass looks sweet, man. what're the materials?

thanks man, it's all Dyed & Acryliced Birdseye maple with an Acylized Wenge board, Acrilized Silver Vine inlays and Ash core.

• Members

Originally posted by speddling

thanks man, it's all Dyed & Acryliced Birdseye maple with an Acylized Wenge board, Acrilized Silver Vine inlays and Ash core.

right on! would you be able to talk about how much it set you back? in pm, of course... i'm still shopping around for a new piece of gear :D

• Members

Originally posted by willsellout

I could listen to a whole CD of music like that Clip you posted. Really good stuff:thu:

wow, thanks :thu:

I will be working on a full CD this fall/winter actually. I always hope people will dig my stuff, but I record for the wife and myself mainly.

Here is my 2003 Psuedo CD

http://www.hartsafire.com/music.htm

what it cost.... Hmmm. Y'all could go to www.beebasses.com and spec one out. Fred will send you a quote :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by bholder

So how do you like the Delano pickup?

I'm really digging it! I'll definitely put the MM pole peiced PJ set in my Destroyer after it gets painted and the Kahler installed.

I'd order on in my next custom if there is one as well.

• Members

Originally posted by speddling

wow, thanks
:thu:

I will be working on a full CD this fall/winter actually. I always hope people will dig my stuff, but I record for the wife and myself mainly.

Here is my 2003 Psuedo CD

http://www.hartsafire.com/music.htm

what it cost.... Hmmm. Y'all could go to
www.beebasses.com
and spec one out. Fred will send you a quote
:wave:

That second clip you posted reminds me of the breakdown in Stairway...

Archived