best bet for 400$ rock bass?

zesty brick

• Members

Originally posted by rpsands

Get yourself a used Schecter. Best bass under 500 bucks imho.

C4 or CV4 (CV4 is what I have, and love it, but think they were discontinued this year).

They were discontinued a week or two ago actually...I'm trying to get one that I ordered pre-discontinue...that they screwed up on...so we'll see. I do like the CV-4s better than any of their other basses I've played too...:(

• Members

Cv4 is easily the best bass I've played under a grand, ya. Sucks they were discontinued, but still a bunch on Ebay every so often. S'where I got mine (Paid 413 shipped with a hard case).

The C4 has them EMG pickups, which I don't like nearly as much as the humbucker on the CV4.

Not until you get into the Warwick Corvettes and Stingrays do you get a bass that plays as smoothly as the Schecter, at least in my limited jamming at Guitarcenter.

• Members

Cv4 is easily the best bass I've played under a grand, ya. Sucks they were discontinued, but still a bunch on Ebay every so often. S'where I got mine (Paid 413 shipped with a hard case).

The C4 has them EMG pickups, which I don't like nearly as much as the humbucker on the CV4.

Not until you get into the Warwick Corvettes and Stingrays do you get a bass that plays as smoothly as the Schecter, at least in my limited jamming at Guitarcenter.

What color is your CV? I'm getting a black cherry one...and I got mine for $484.75 new with a HSC ;)...if it shows up...that is. Hopefully it works out and is all dandy. :thu:

• Members

Nice, you have an older model.

The company sent me one like yours except in black, and I wanted the new one in black cherry cuz the neck scale changed on em. They made em a thinner neck style, more like a jazz...so I liked it MUCH better. I'll post pics, cuz I AM getting one for sure, it's just a matter of which company it comes from...cuz either the one I bought my first from is getting me one, or I'm ordering one through a local company that has it in stock. I really can't wait to get it...I played the one I have and LOVED the tone of it...so it's just a matter of getting the right one...

• Members

Yeah it's the slightly older one (2003 I guess). I liked it a lot more than the C4's from this year, but could not check out one of the new CV4s since GC stopped carryin them and I didn't feel like calling around to find someone who carries them.

It's got an awfully quick neck but it is a tiny bit less itsy-bitsy than my old SG, I'll give you that.

• Members

Originally posted by zesty brick

i was looking at schecters website and i noticed the model t in butterscotch blonde, man that thing looked kick ass, anyone of you played it, if so, how is it?

Tried one once and found it to be pretty damn sweet for the money. Great tone, nice neck feel. Mind you, I ended up finding a pre EB Stingray for $700 in the shop so I ended up with that instead:D

• Members

Get yourself a used Schecter. Best bass under 500 bucks imho.

C4 or CV4 (CV4 is what I have, and love it, but think they were discontinued this year).

+1 on the schecter I have a C4 they rock best bass for the money period.

• Members

Originally posted by bassment zombie

Used MIM Fender Precision or Jazz (your preference).

Damn... prices have been going up haven't they? :D $400 used to be able to get you a brand new made in mexico fender jazz bass... ... ...with money to spare. Mine was $300 + tax back when I bought mine in 2000 - I don't have it anymore though.

I blame president Bush. :rolleyes:

:wave: ciao

Archived