Spontaneous Band Combustion (inspired by Rowka)

Phantasm

• Members

So I was just reading Rowka's thread about how Rockstar is going to end and he details the mechanics of what interpersonal relationships caused the problem

I'm sure everyone has a great story about a band they were in imploding, so share it here. Maybe by reading how other bands fail will help us all in the future when we're faced with this common problem!

• Members

Originally posted by Phantasm

Maybe by reading how other bands fail will help us all in the future when we're faced with this common problem!

Doubt it. People in bands are usually assholes by nature. It's usually only a matter of time before things go awry. Isn't it just great being in a band:p

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

Doubt it. People in bands are usually assholes by nature. It's usually only a matter of time before things go awry. Isn't it just great being in a band:p

That's why I'm getting a beat box and a mic and start my own solo drum'n'bass gig...

• Members

A band that I was in a few years ago had a singer that was really, really pathetic. He was a good showman but his vocal skills were seriously lacking, never learned the lyrics and was always late for rehearsals if he even showed up. I talkeed the other guys into kicking him out of the band then, after a frustrating search for a new vocalist, left the band and hooked up with one of the vocalist who we auditioned. So I kind of imploded the band. Does that make me evil?

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

A band that I was in a few years ago had a singer that was really, really pathetic. He was a good showman but his vocal skills were seriously lacking, never learned the lyrics and was always late for rehearsals if he even showed up. I talkeed the other guys into kicking him out of the band then, after a frustrating search for a new vocalist, left the band and hooked up with one of the vocalist who we auditioned. So I kind of imploded the band. Does that make me evil?

Yes, yes it does... :evil:

• Members

Haha...this is actually a kinda funny story how a band imploded that I was in...

Well, I was in a band, and had been for about half a year, and we did all original stuff. Well, they decided that I "didn't have the attitude or desire to be in a band" and told me what I was thinking and feeling about the band for me, instead of asking me what I thought, so I said screw them and moved on. Well, they haven't found a bassist since, and they're vocalist just left. So they screwed themselves over. Which I laughed thoroughly at. :thu:

Never tell a bassist what he's thinking...

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Crescent Seven broke up when the drummer and the guitar player got in a fight over a piece of meatloaf.
:freak:
C7

Now THAT takes the cake! A fight over a girl, beer, money, etc, would be understandable, but meatloaf?? That's awesome.

:D:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by RyCLB

Now THAT takes the cake! A fight over a girl, beer, money, etc, would be understandable, but meatloaf?? That's awesome.

:D:thu:

I walked in after it happened, and Jake had already left. The guitar player was beet red, freaking out because Jake had cut into a meatloaf that the guitar player's mom had made and TOLD Jake to eat. Guitard was pissed because Jake didn't wait for him to get out of the shower. He told me about it, I said "Meatloaf? {censored}ing meatloaf?" and turned around and walked out the door.

The guy was a long time friend, I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not wasting my time on people that will lose their heads over ground beef and ketchup.:rolleyes:

C7

• Members

I walked in after it happened, and Jake had already left. The guitar player was beet red, freaking out because Jake had cut into a meatloaf that the guitar player's mom had made and TOLD Jake to eat. Guitard was pissed because Jake didn't wait for him to get out of the shower. He told me about it, I said "Meatloaf? {censored}ing meatloaf?" and turned around and walked out the door.

The guy was a long time friend, I haven't spoken to him since. I'm not wasting my time on people that will lose their heads over ground beef and ketchup.
:rolleyes:
C7

yup that beats all of my band break up stories

• Members

I was also in a band that fired me for making fun of the emo singer too much and not wanting to play a house party 75 miles away, and when they did I loaded up my gear:

-My Rig

-PA

-Monitors

-Mains

-All Cymbals

-All microphones

-All cables

-1/2 the singer's guitar rig

-Drum Throne

-White board with all the songs layed out on it

-Carpet on the floor of the garage

-All chairs and stools

Then, after I get it all in my truck, dude was like "well, we have a party here next Saturday, you think you can play it with us?"

:D

C7

• Moderators

I was also in a band that fired me for making fun of the emo singer too much and not wanting to play a house party 75 miles away, and when they did I loaded up my gear:

. . . . . . . . .

Then, after I get it all in my truck, dude was like "well, we have a party here next Saturday, you think you can play it with us?"

:D
C7

rofl%201.gif

• Members

I got fired from a band for not being enthusiastic enough about it apparently because at one point I said that I wouldn't mind making a bit of cash from gigs. Somehow that got translated into that I was only in it for the money and that I didn't really care about the band. I found it a bit ironic considering that the guitar player and myself were the only ones out of five memebers that ever showed up at time...

The rest regularly showed up a couple of hours late...

Also they had a gig coming up and I remember praying that they would need me to play it in which case I would have said that since apparently I was only in it for the money it would cost them $200 plus all transport expenses.

A few weeks later I heard that the singer had quit...

Edit: Actually that band taught me a lot about what kind of bands I'll ever want to play in again. Basically I won't ever play in a band that belongs to one person again unless I get paid...

• Members

Originally posted by Onkel Bob

Edit: Actually that band taught me a lot about what kind of bands I'll ever want to play in again. Basically I won't ever play in a band that belongs to one person again unless I get paid...

There you go. That's my thinking on it, if I audition for a band and one dude is the brainchild/ego for the whole band, and it's obvious, I'm not going to join up.

The band I'm in now is the most democratic, even handed group I've been with. We all just take it easy on the decisions and let things flow, and nobody gets butthurt if they don't get their way. It's nice for once...

C7

• Members

I'm not wasting my time on people that will lose their heads over ground beef and ketchup.
:rolleyes:
C7

But... but.... what else IS there, really?

Dang... That's pretty funny really.

I think I'll name my next band "Ground Beef and Ketchup" :D

Archived