playing bass through a roland keyboard amp

hangwire

• Members

it is the keys player amp, the HUGE roland one from this line... and I am normally a guitar player but have assumed most bass duties for this project. It sounds passable for practice, but am I damaging his amp or speakers by playing bass through it?

• Members

Keyboard amps are almost the same basic design as portable PA heads --- I'm willing to bet that one channel of that keyboard amp has an XLR input. They work fine for bass amps. The horn would be the most fragile for a bass. If it was me, and I was borrowing someone else's amp, I would use a compressor/limiter to keep the signal as even as possible to protect the horn................... $.02

• Members

Originally posted by DevilRaysFan

Keyboard amps are almost the same basic design as portable PA heads --- I'm willing to bet that one channel of that keyboard amp has an XLR input. They work fine for bass amps. The horn would be the most fragile for a bass. If it was me, and I was borrowing someone else's amp, I would use a compressor/limiter to keep the signal as even as possible to protect the horn................... $.02

yup channel 1 have an xlr

i have a compressor setting on an alesis ineko, i'll run into that before the signal hits the amp... thanks :)

Archived