A small sneak peak at my band's next song...

der oxenrig

• Members

First of all, the music is great. You guys are a "DRF loves this kind of band" band ( I knew that already) SO----

--I think your drummer is great, plays his ass off, and he definitely can lay down a groove. However he sounds more like one of those "OK, what can this song do for me?" kind of guys rather than be a "What can I do for this song?" kind of guy. While he is friggin' killer, I don't hear him playing with you guys --- it sounds more like like hes just playing for himself back there then really trying to lock-in and accentuate what the guitar and bass are doin. ........... Just $.02

Overall, though, you guys kick ass!

• Members

Originally posted by DevilRaysFan

First of all, the music is great. You guys are a "DRF loves this kind of band" band ( I knew that already) SO----

--I think your drummer is great, plays his ass off, and he definitely can lay down a groove. However he sounds more like one of those "OK, what can this song do for me?" kind of guys rather than be a "What can I do for this song?" kind of guy. While he is friggin' killer, I don't hear him playing with you guys --- it sounds more like like hes just playing for himself back there then really trying to lock-in and accentuate what the guitar and bass are doin. ........... Just $.02

Overall, though, you guys kick ass!

Thanks, and yes, I do understand your concerns. It's one of my greatest frustrations that he does tend to "showboat" a bit. I do wish that he experimented less, and focused on accenting what we do. He's getting better at it, though.

• Members

Hey Ox... I've got an Audix D6 that records freakin' great. We're way too booked up for me to ship it to you, but if you're willing to make a bit of a drive, we could meet up in Richmond or something. I'd need it back within two or three days, though.

• Members

Nice track! You and the guitarist are definitely on the same (jimmy:D) page - very cool.

I like the drums - he kind of reminds me of Mitch Mitchell...if you could get him to loosen his snare up a little he might not be quite so tempted to take off. With a solid sound like this, don't screw around vocally - either put it where you can sing it or find someone who can do it justice. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Zeromus-X

Hey Ox... I've got an Audix D6 that records freakin' great. We're way too booked up for me to ship it to you, but if you're willing to make a bit of a drive, we could meet up in Richmond or something. I'd need it back within two or three days, though.

I've been telling him about the D6 for a while now (I swear by mine) but he wants something a little less 'modern' sounding.

• Members

I like it, great sound and great drummer! However, and there is always one of these, I find the riffs a little cliched. I can predict what's going to happen just a little too easily. Guitar solo is needed, keep one in there but it needs to avoid the cliche too.

Maybe that's blues for you, and a reason I am not a fan of blues most of the time, or not a fan of blues rock when it doesn't try something new. Heck I get bored of some Led Zeppelin tunes when they stay on something for too long.

Cheers for the good work though! The wah is rockin, makes me wonder whether I will go back to the Morley I still have or stick with the Dunlop 105Q :)

• Members

Party girl,

In a party world.

Every night, yeah,

You know she feels alright.

But when the morning comes, she's feelin' dumb,

Don't remember a thing.

Her real good looks are like sexual hooks

Bringin' the boys all in.

She passed out from her way out,

The 'ludes she took a mouthful.

The boys get hooked in, one by one.