• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Harsh!

Buttons aren't
too
complicated, they're just
more
complicated. Or I guess for us zipper guys: they're complicateder!

Preference is one thing, but a few people here (and I've heard other people say it in real life) have suggested buttons are significantly more difficult...Given it takes maybe 3 seconds more to button a fly, "not being worth the bother" seems pretty pathetic :D

• Members

Preference is one thing, but a few people here (and I've heard other people say it in real life) have suggested buttons are significantly more difficult...Given it takes maybe 3 seconds more to button a fly, "not being worth
the bother
" seems pretty pathetic
:D

If somebody is turning down a comfortable, well-fitting pair of trousers just because of the fly, then I guess that's dumb. Being 6'2" with a 30" waist, I could care less what the fly is because well-fitting pairs of pants are hard to come by.

• Members

Zipper, for ease and speed, and the risks are generally minimal (unless you happen to be going commando)

Buttons just got annoying for me when I had trousers with them, much more awkward and fiddley than one quick zipping motion...

David

+1.

My one pair of button jeans didn't button that easily (damn holes were a little too small), so that was end of that.

Plus, I didn't think it was winning me points when people would wander into the restroom and catch me at a moment when the buttons weren't cooperating. :(

• Members

eat a sammich:eek:

Well, the 30" waist is not the problem. Me being 5'3" and 30" waist, I can tell you that the pants length, not the waist size, is the problem. I'm betting that is Superbad's problem as well (albeit on the other end of the available lengths). The garment industry thinks that everyone is between 30" and 34" inch inseam, which is obviously not the case.

• Members

I just ate $7 worth of Taco Bell and drank a couple beers. I'm really trying my best, here!

That's your best? Bah...

Jack in the Box, standard dinner if I haven't eaten yet that day...

Bacon n' Cheese Cibatta Burger

Sourdough Chicken Club Sandwich

Spicy Crispy Chipotle Chicken Cibatta

Large Fries...

$15.00 (even) and just under 3000 calories...:D

• Members

I've got one pair with buttons, I like the way they look, but thtat's the cut of the pants, not the fly. I hate having o undu 4 or 5 bttons just to take a leak, I can just zip and let it rip with a zipper. I always feel like my junk is exposed when I come out of the loo wearing button-fly, something in my brain warns me that I haven't done my zipper up.......

• Members

I've got one pair with buttons, I like the way they look, but thtat's the cut of the pants, not the fly. I hate having o undu 4 or 5 bttons just to take a leak, I can just zip and let it rip with a zipper. I always feel like my junk is exposed when I come out of the loo wearing button-fly, something in my brain warns me that I haven't done my zipper up.......

The beauty of a button-fly is that can't happen...If you haven't done up your fly, your pants fall down...:D

As for "undoing a bunch of buttons", that's what I was referring to earlier...I can undo the button fly on my 501s with a single movement. Getting them open is just as fast as a zipper...

• Members

I voted button-fly because when I was younger I loved my Levi's 501's. That was back when the damned things were $15 a pair. I refuse to pay $30!
:mad:

Now I just buy the cheapies at Wally-world.

I am King of Steve and Barry's and their $6 Shirts and Shorts, but Jeans are the one item I don't scrimp on...Levis or nothing. I've got pairs that are 10 years old and just hitting their stride :D

• Members

In my 31 years, I've caught my crank in a zipper once. It was last year and I was completely sober at the time.

I never liked levi's 501s, but I've had a few pairs of guess jeans that had buttoned flies back in the day.

They were cool, but whatever. I prefer my jeans these days to be mass produced by chinese slaves so that I don't have to pay much for the joy of high style. I don't think Old Navy stocks button fly jeans.

• Members

I once had an accident with a pair of pants with a zipper fly. Not like you think though. The stupid people that made that particular pair of pants had placed some sort of label right next to the zipper... It got caught in the zipper while I closed my fly once and I didn't notice until I had to take a piss again and I couldn't open the damn pants. And of course it was during a night of drinking. I managed to open the damn things but it was a really close thing... Then I ripped out that stinking label...

• Members

I voted button-fly because when I was younger I loved my Levi's 501's. That was back when the damned things were $15 a pair. I refuse to pay $30!
:mad:

Now I just buy the cheapies at Wally-world.

You don't even want to know how much I paid for the jeans I'm wearing right now:D :D

Archived