::SIGH:: I really like...

Captain Fathead

• Members

Fenders. Or anything Leo Fender came up with. I like my G&L. I like my P. I had a musicman once. I liked it. At guitar center, I tried a gibson t-bird, a warwick, and a peavey cirrus. I didn't really dig any of 'em. Leo's stuff just feels so good. And sounds so good. and blar-blar-blar-blar. :freak:

I don't understand. I just can't seem to get into basses that he didn't design. Even Laklands. I tried a 4-94 and a joe osbourne (skyline). WTF? I loved the osbourne.

Is something wrong with me? :(

• Members

Don't overthink it. Like what you want to like.

I keep trying other things, and keep coming back to Fenders. They fit me like a glove, I know their kinks, they sound like what I want to hear.

I'm not going to give them up. ever :p

It'd just be nice if something else could hold my fancy.

• Members

it's been said before but bears repeating...it's truly amazing how many things Leo got right

personally I believe if it aint broke don't fix it - my favorite instruments over time have grown beyond just the fender brand, but the fenders I own always sound and feel like an old familiar part of me when I play them - my first instruments were fenders, and even now they feel like they were made for me

I have two domestic G&L's and two of the imports as well, and though they're different than a fender, they have that same feel good feeling, just in a lil bit different way - I gotta hand it to Leo, he was a rare talent

• Members

I feel that other folks do Leo's stuff better. Well, the Fender stuff anyway; can't say the same about the Stingray and G&L.

i think it was leo himself that said that G&L were the finest instruments he has ever designed.

for me it's sound>playability>looks>what other people think, but i sure do like the looks of those musicman basses and G&L basses.:love:

• Members

I've been most successful as a bass player with a P-bass years ago and a J-bass recently. Over the years I have tried several different brands and styles and I must say that i have a desire for a RIC bass, but that is because I am partial to rick 6 bangers. One of my earliest 6 string electrics was a Telecaster and I wish I had that one back. You can't get much more 'Leo' than a Tele.

• Members

The ONLY Fender style bass I've ever played that I would like to own is Bpocall's pink Warmoth jazz. Man, that is a beast! Then again, it's components smoke anything Fender has ever produced, and it's construction is top of the line. Personally, not counting tone or style preference, Fenders represent stagnation to me. I see them, and can only think that their popularity is only holding the collective bass world back. There are MANY basses that can sound like Fenders, with great playability and construction. I'd love to see what the Sadowsky's a Lull's etc. could come up with if they weren't so locked into the Fender clone style. But then, that just comes down to the fact that those are what bassist's seem to want the most. Oh well, I'll stick with my points.;)

• Members

My first "real" bass was a MIA Precision (lefty). It was an animal! I wish I had it back. The Rays never really spoke to me but are well made, but the L2500 and the SB-1 (P bass) both did, and I bought them both. I honestly believe that G&L's are extremely good (and not "good for the money"), and you can get them used for a song. :thu:

Archived