Recommend Me Some Basses to Try

ssimontis

• Members

I'm headed off to GC tomorrow to look for a new guitar. I am not buying yet, but I am in the process of downsizing my gear and should have enough money to buy just about any bass I want this summer.

I don't know how to describe my ideal bass tone, but I can give you examples of songs. "Torture Me" by RHCP, "Bombtrack" and "Take The Power Back" by RATM, and "Megalomaniac" by Incubus.

So far, I am planning to look at the following basses:

Fender Standard P-Bass, Ibanez ATK300, BC Rich Mockingbird, a Warwick Corvette, and a MM Stingray. They don't carry Rics but I am definitely considering them.

Are there any other basses I should check out to get the tone I'm looking for, or can you tell me which bass I listed will best suit my ideal tone? I would prefer a four string, and the price needs to be below $1500.

• Members

My GC caries Fender, Warwick, Ibanez, Music Man, and Schecter. I only go into the bass room to see what trade-ins they have. I have played all the ones by the companies they carry. Sometimes we get a high end Spector, or SSD, or MTD, or Tobias but not much else. Really kind of disapointing. I would be mad except I love my bass.

• Members

The GC in Tulsa just throws the basses on the rack.

It's kinda hard to know what you would like considering a professional setup would make things entirely different!

Don't limit yourself when tryin them out.

Some stores actually fine tune them a bit first.

Archived