BassGuitarSecrets.com

aortizjr

• Members

Hi...

While poking around on the internet, I came across this:

http://www.bassguitarsecrets.com/

Not a bad price, and sounds interesting. Have any of you used this or heard of it?

I am really a guitar player. But I have played bass in bands and can really appreciate great bass players. And I would really love to become a better bass player.

Any info at all would be great.

TIA.

• Members

That's pretty funny.

I say just take the chops you've learned as a guitarist and use them on a bass. It's a different instrument, with different techniques, but you already have more than the basics down already from your experience on the guitar.

The only way to become a perfect bass player is to practice every day for 350 years(give or take a couple depending on how long you practice every day), and then perform with no mistakes, ever.

It's really pretty simple that way.

• Members

Hi...

While poking around on the internet, I came across this:

http://www.bassguitarsecrets.com/

Not a bad price, and sounds interesting. Have any of you used this or heard of it?

I am really a guitar player. But I have played bass in bands and can really appreciate great bass players. And I would really love to become a better bass player.

Any info at all would be great.

TIA.

:D:wave:WHERE'S MY CUT:freak:

• Members

I think the guy that runs that site should hook me up with a copy of his program gratis. If it's as good as he claims, he'll sell a {censored} ton by me promoting it here.

:D

if this is legit and it is as good as he claims you could probably write him and tell him of your proposition he would probably send you a free copy to get good publicity if he is trying to blow smoke up every ones yeng yang you will probably never hear from him.

If I heard good reports about this product from good folks that i have conversations with on my favorite talk forum I would be more apt to purchase what he has to offer. that way I am getting reliable information about the product from someone who actually has hands on experience

There are some really awesome Training DVD's out there but there are also some pretty crappy and boring ones out there that are hard to learn from as well

I have experienced that Home spun videos are very well done and are put together that you can actually learn from the videos

I learned a lot with Learning Blurgrass Fiddle vol 1 and 2 by Kenny Kosek and Butch Baldassaris blurgrass Mandolin Workshop

Rock house Method DVD's by Fred Russell Publishing are also very comprehensive training methods.

if this guy wants to send me his stuff I would give it an unbiased evaluation of his product and I would definately endorse his product if it is as good as he claims

I think products of this nature should focus more on beginner to intermediate levels JM .02

• Members

Anyone think it kinda odd that aortizjr's only post in the Bass Forum is to ask about this product?

Actually I have posted about other topics but it has been a while, so they are now gone...

I use the search a lot, so I only post when I can't find something via the search.

But when I was starting to play bass a lot of the tips I received in this forum were great. Got me going and what I learned has really helped.

Of course there tons of hype with any DVD, Book, Program, Teacher, etc. I have seen them on Guitar, Recording, etc. After my mere 10 years of playing in lots of bands, performing, and recording, I have seen a lot of crap.

But I wouldn't have bought anything ever without pulling the trigger on something time to time.

Just wondering if anyone here has used it.... heard good or bad... damn... give me a break.

• Members

It's prolly his product. Grr....

Maybe not, I'll give hime the benefit of a doubt.

So I ask a question about a product and I am under suspicion for being the seller. What kind of logic is that?

I didn't hype it at all... just posted a link and asked if anyone had used it...

If you search around... I post in other areas here. Mostly related to guitar, recording, DIY. Bass is sorta my additional instrument and sitting in with bands actually makes me a bit of cash from time to time.

I like any other player is always looking to improve. Lessons are expensive and it is hard to find good learning material. Just asking if this one is worth a crap.

So far, everyone has jumped to it being crap. But no actual experience.

• Members

Glad to see you stop back in aortizjr. You have to admit that it looks a little suspicious. I'm not willing to drop $50 on it. Why don't you try it out and report back to us here? We'd love to know what you think of the materials.

:)

Well $50 is still $50..... I think for a lot of us musicians that is still a bit of dough. If this was something for guitar I wouldn't even look at it.

But even just finding some building blocks or ideas for constructing bass lines would be a huge plus for me. I am still doing some homework on this before dropping $50. Then to report back... damn, if just asking I got accused of being the seller... imagine if I actually like it... ;)

• Members

, hmmm..... see the the pattern

WOODSHED beeaacH:D

Yep... but practicing the same stuff with no direction doesn't help either...

In my case, lessons are not an option... my time is hectic and funds are short enough.

I have a lot of technique on bass. I do know music theory, can play just about anything with anyone on guitar. But to play bass like a bass player is a different beast. I find you have to listen for different things, fill a different space. Otherwise you sound like a guitar player playing bass.

There is a certain groove and pocket that you have to fill. Great bass players when constructing their lines have a way of filling the space, with groove, and without distracting from the primary song content. Amazing... IMO

I have tried playing with songs. Learning some latin styles, rap, R&B, basic funk, but even though I can play it. It seems like the building block ideas are missing. It is sorta like reading but not being able to write....

Hmm... maybe a new thread on that...

Archived