You might be old school HCBF if....

Psilocybin

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You resurrected a nostalgia thread, for nostalgia's sake.

Does this affect the time-space continuum, or um, the flow of teh interweb?

I hope not...I'd hate to think I broke the interwebz with mah crazy-thread-revivin'...:facepalm:

• Members

yeah, skippi an weirdocat. I ws supposed to meet them at Bills Music house in baltimore an missed them becuase they had no idea what I looked like. I knew what skippi looked like sorta but I never scoped em out.

Skippii stayed at my place when he was doing his "let's drive around the country meeting people from HCBF" or whatever it was. Wouldn't surprise me if he still lurked here occasionally.

Just to toss in one of my own... the Limp Bizkit scandal??

And...

tigersauce.gif

• Members

I still talk to Skippii sometimes via IM. :) He stopped by to say hello when he was doing his cross-country HCBF meetup tour, and then we hung out at NAMM a few years back when Skip had the booth for his Quakes. That was a lot of fun - basically, we spent a few days hanging out with HCBF guys and playing some awesome basses. :D And I thought I was going to make myself sick with the fresh mini-doughnuts and lemonade stand right in front of the main display hall.

We got to go tour the studio Clatter was using, too, with Amy and Joe, which was a lot of fun. And Mike (ezstep) was full of useful information about the band we were watching before that. The bass player was on the "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" DVD (I think that's the right one) and Mike turned out to know a lot about him.

Hammer turned up long enough to say hello, too, although I didn't really know who he was at the time. :D I'm trying to remember who else was there. I know there were more people around, but it was long enough ago now that things have sort of run together, lol. I want to say Nate was there? But I'm not sure if that's right or not.

• Members
...we hung out at NAMM a few years back when Skip had the booth for his Quakes. That was a lot of fun - basically, we spent a few days hanging out with HCBF guys and playing some awesome basses.
:D
And I thought I was going to make myself sick with the fresh mini-doughnuts and lemonade stand right in front of the main display hall.

Then you embarrassed us all by shouting at the singer for the world famous Spin Doctors.

:facepalm:

Yeah, Nate was 42 back then. :p

• Members

...Back in the day when Lefo UK told us how his mum caught him masturbating in an armchair, and I made a song about it....

Actually, IIRC he got home drunk, sat in an arm chair, started to polish his cucumber, fell asleep during the polishing and the next morning he woke up while his mum was hoovering around the armchair.

• Members
I still talk to Skippii sometimes via IM.
:)
He stopped by to say hello when he was doing his cross-country HCBF meetup tour, and then we hung out at NAMM a few years back when Skip had the booth for his Quakes. That was a lot of fun - basically, we spent a few days hanging out with HCBF guys and playing some awesome basses.
And I thought I was going to make myself sick with the fresh mini-doughnuts and lemonade stand right in front of the main display hall.

We got to go tour the studio Clatter was using, too, with Amy and Joe, which was a lot of fun. And Mike (ezstep) was full of useful information about the band we were watching before that. The bass player was on the "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" DVD (I think that's the right one) and Mike turned out to know a lot about him.

Hammer turned up long enough to say hello, too, although I didn't really know who he was at the time.
I'm trying to remember who else was there. I know there were more people around, but it was long enough ago now that things have sort of run together, lol. I want to say Nate was there? But I'm not sure if that's right or not.

estep was with us, Nate did show in time to catch th all-bass orchestra, and I know there are folks I am not recalling.

You threw down the gauntlet with them donuts - I tried but just couldn't keep up. :(

Archived