Future Rig Plans

Thunderbroom

• Members

I've been thinking alot recently about what I want to do with my rig. I tend to be impatient and make moves without really putting any real thought into it. I do know that I want to go with something that is flexible, powerful and light. I'm sold on GenzBenz products.

Give Away:

Carvin 210 - Given to me by L-1329. It needs a new home.

On Hold:

Burdizzos Ultralite - Use at home and small jams.

Sell:

GK 700RBII - Great amp. Impulse buy. Want something lighter.

G&L L-2500 Tribute - Who am I kidding? I tune BEAD.

Reallocate:

Avatar B115 - Use as sub for home PA system

Avatar B210 - Leave at rehearsal space.

Purchase:

GenzBenz Neopak

GenzBenz Neo 212

GenzBenz Neo 112

The purchases are tentative. I need to try these out unless I get an insane deal on them somewhere. I was blown away by Thudmaker's Neo 212 with my GBE-600 feeding it. I like the idea of using the Neopak/112 for a portable rig and one that I can use for most YFC gigs. I can use the Neopak/212 for larger gigs.

I recently sold my Ampeg 115.

I really like T. Alan's mini rig but don't know if it's right for me.

And yes, I do still want a BC Rich Mockingbird Heritage Classic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take tha 210 if it needs a good home

I'll keep this in mind.

I've got to get the new stuff first.

Shipping costs may not make it worth it to you as I would drop it off at a UPS store and have them pack/ship...probably ~$100+. I'd prefer to drop it locally.

:)

• Members

I was blown away by Thudmaker's Neo 212 with my GBE-600 feeding it. I like the idea of using the Neopak/112 for a portable rig and one that I can use for most YFC gigs. I can use the Neopak/212 for larger gigs.

Now you're talking my language! Nothing beats a good set of 12" cabs, no 210 I've ever heard delivers what my SWR's can, and I'd love to hear that GB cab. Believe me, once you go 12's, you never go back.:thu:

• Members

I call dibs on the 210.... I'll pay to have it shipped to 17201 plus your trouble. Whatever that is. If you wanna ship it, and if it's not already taken.

Seriously, I've got the crappiest cab in the world. a no-name MDF piece of crap 4x10 that I think a speaker doesn't work in. I need help, been looking for a new cab......

• Moderators

I'm really thinking about adding the GB 112, too. (in red tolex would be really hot!) First will come a double bass and a micro-amp. I am really excited about the new EA micro that will be shipping end of this month. I need to do a little bit more of selling, though.

• Members

Yep. I love it to death I love it to death I love it to death. BUT my gig situtations now are completely different than when I was using it full time. Even though it's made a great late night practice cab
:D
it's time for it to move on and be used like it should.
:cry:

:cry: For a good cab, abandoned by it's owner. :cry:

• Members

Damn you all for talking up GB gear so much -- you're gonna get me in trouble with my wife.....again!
:mad:

Hey, I noticed that there was a LMII at the meet. What were the general impressions of it?

I played BM1956's Reverend through the LMII and my Dr. Bass Rx210 and I thought it sounded pretty damn good. Not quite my cup of tea tonally, but impressive nonetheless for a tiny amp. But for some reason I thought it would be smaller than it actually was. :freak:

• Members

Hey, I noticed that there was a LMII at the meet. What were the general impressions of it?

I played the LMII through my Ultralite. The two combined sounded okay but was not quite loud enough for gig situations. The LMII through the Bergantino 112 sounded huge though. The latter is what prompted this thread.

Archived