SX mod issue

xOriginalNinjax

• Members

Go buy a round file and file it bigger. My SX was the same way, the holes don't need to be that much bigger.

Next, you're going to discover that they don't fit very well in the control cavity, either. You can use a dremel tool or that same file you bought to make the hole a little wider.

C7

• Members

Go buy a round file and file it bigger. My SX was the same way, the holes don't need to be
that
much bigger.

Next, you're going to discover that they don't fit very well in the control cavity, either. You can use a dremel tool or that same file you bought to make the hole a little wider.

C7

Thanks C7, glad to know you aren't THAT big of a prick ;) Oddly enough, the cavity on mine is JUST big enough, so I won't have to file it down, but I'm stuck on the pots :( oh well...guess it's gettin done tomorrow! :idea:

• Members

So, I bought new pots for my SX today....and they don't fit the holes in the jack plate!!!! Anyone else have this problem? What should I do?
:(

I've got an extra J control plate that fits standard pots sitting around if you want it.

• Members

I've got an extra J control plate that fits standard pots sitting around if you want it.

Fer free? Or for price of shipping? Or what? PM me, we'll talk. hahahaha...cuz that'd work too. Since i'm only about 4 hours, it'd be here by Wednesday at the latest for practice...

• Members

Is this for
the
jazz bass?

Yes it is! As a matter of fact...hahaha. I'm still debating on getting EMGs for it or not...since I don't wanna have to route for a battery box (I've seen bad things that happen when you put the battery under the control panel...mostly stripped screw holes...) but yeah. So after the rewire, if I think it needs more beef, I may get EMGs for it. But since I just bought ANOTHER $100 bass...I doubt it. Haha. But I'm seriously loving the jazz to death...

Archived