well i just defretted my bass, and damnit..

ryanstanley

• Members
doing anything the"first time" is "iffy"

I'm just sayin'

eh, it's really incredibly easy. and plus it was a cheapass bass i don't give a damn about. and on top of that, i just want to get experience doing that kind of stuff. you'll never do anything without a first time

it's gonna be my project bass :thu: ... my next task is getting the body down to the bare wood and getting it all polished and stained :love:

• Members
OK.............good enough!

ever give yourself "stitches"?

:)
..........to each his own

I have given myself stitches actually, and it turned out great in the end. :thu:

I also was young once and thought I could do any mods to my basss and make it look great. I was wrong, I made some mistakes and learned alot. A few mistakes later, a lot of great results later and I have been making a comfortable career of instrument repair/modification ever since.

I see no harm at all in experimenting on YOUR instruments or amps, (I did that too, always had leftover parts, they always sounded better after :D ). You learn alot, you appreciate the real work that goes into it alot. And hey, maybe you'll get good at it and embark on a new career path.

If someone has a problem with a guy experimenting on HIS bass, the solution is simple... don't play it.

All luthiers have to start somewhere.

• Members
O rly.

Lemme borrow your Lakland for a few days...

C7

Well, I'll put it this way. If my Lakland looked like {censored} when I bought it, but still sounded the same, I probably wouldn't paid as much for it, but I definitely would've still bought it. The Ibby that I ripped the frets out of was free so I didn't "fret" (pun definitely intended) when it came out looking like {censored}. Either way, I wouldn't have thrown out the Ibby simply because it looked bad - it's still got some mwah from hell! :D

Archived