Cheap bass 4x10 stack?

Inertiatic_SKS

• Members

I need a cheap 4x10 stack fast. My friend's band just kicked their bassist and they want me to be the permanent bassist. I'm going to be using my friend's Fender Deluxe Active J-Bass until I buy my own Fedner Deluxe Active J-Bass. As for a stack, I was thinking the Carvin SBR410 stack. I have a Carvin guitar cab and love it and I might take a chance on their bass products. I need something under $800 and I have no preference as to it being tube or SS. I'm going to be playing mostly hardcore/post-rock-ish kinda stuff and need a tone that'll cut through the mix and that has very prominent highs.

• Members

the mark VIII is lowwwwwwwwd. i like the XP (newer) version, but i'm sure that one on Ebay is just as awesome. although, it's a bit sketchy looking. but hey, it's a peavey, it doesn't matter what you do to it...it'll probably still work fine

• Members

How does the Ashdown handle overdriven bass tones?

Unless you have an overdrive pedal, it'll be just clean.

Personally, I recommending using your guitar rig for mids and highs, and getting a good bass amp for the low end. But that might not be your sound.

• Members

How does the Ashdown handle overdriven bass tones?

It handles them just fine. In fact, it has an input gain that you can set to just below clipping, giving it a fairly aggressive tone on it's own.

Don't bother using two amps and guitar cabs and all that {censored}, it's alot more complicated than it needs to be. For your budget, the Ashdown/Avatar will do fine, so will any nice Peavey head.

Take a look on Craigslist and see if you can find some deals.

C7

Archived