New Family Pics

xOriginalNinjax

• Members

So, since I've gotten the review of the Fullerton out of the way, I decided I'll post my first family shots...

0331072248sm2.jpg

Rogue SX100B-1st bass ever

Personal paint job...2nd I'd done on it...it's getting re-re-painted, and maybe getting a new neck, tuners, and bridge for it as well...possibly rewiring again with a Schaller P...

0331072249bt7.jpg

0331072251aft0.jpg

Fullerton- Newest bass...review is on the front page somewhere...I'll probably end up changing the pickups to Seymour Duncan and the pre-amp to an STC-3...

0331072249aqx4.jpg

0331072251yt5.jpg

SX SJB62-THE jazz as some refer to it as...haha. I LOVE this bass. I've always wanted to do some serious mods to a jazz bass to copy my best friends, because I LOVED the tone his had and just how amazing it played...so after getting it, and LOVING it stock, I still did a couple things to it...pickguard, knobs, electronics, and bridge. I'm still considering puttin in some EMGs, but I wanna rewire it first and see how the tone sounds then. This bass HAS to be the best value and best player of all of em.

0331072249bia6.jpg

0331072250blr8.jpg

Peavey Grind BXP-2nd bass

I've had this for about...3, maybe 4 years. The only mod I've done is to put in the EMGs...which enhances the blackness of the bass even more....If I ever get around to it, I'm dropping a new pre in it, since when the EMGs went in I kinda ripped the previous pre-amp to shreds...and it's run V/V/T right now. I LOVE the neck on this bass...almost as much as the Jazz's neck. It's smooth, fast, and just a LITTLE too wide, but nothin I can complain about. This is my "growing up" bass...haha

0331072250qe0.jpg

0331072250adc8.jpg

• Members

I have a kleenex box just like that one in the master bath...

:p

Nice kids, by the way.

:thu:

Nice and CHEAP at that! Haha. So far I've paid...about $1050 including cases, straps, and all for all 4 of em...sadly, the Rogue, SX, and Fullerton were all about the same price...and the Peavey was about $600ish after the new pickups...so you do the math there...hahaha

• Members

budget collection, rock on!

How are you diggin your fullerton now that you've actually had awhile to play with it? Last I heard you were gonna mess with the action or something. Are you replacing the electronics because they're too bad to be played, or you just prefer something else?

• Members

budget collection, rock on!

How are you diggin your fullerton now that you've actually had awhile to play with it? Last I heard you were gonna mess with the action or something. Are you replacing the electronics because they're too bad to be played, or you just prefer something else?

Everything is actually REALLY good on it...the fret edges evened themselves out with playing (odd...I think)

The electronics are gonna get switched because I don't like them personally, and after playing a Schecter CV-4 (same pickup config) with a Seymour Duncan STC-3 pre-amp, I'm spoiled and love the sound it had...and the instant "slap ability" with the flick of a switch was AMAZING. I'm gonna try to just swap the pre-amp out first, then possibly go to Duncan pickups too if the pre-amp doesn't give me the mids I want out of the low E string. That being said...to me, the E seems to be...boomy...unless you're just using the jazz pickup. But there definitely is a LACK of definition to it. I'm hoping that'll go away with a string change though.

Archived