NEW STANLEY CLARKE SPELLBINDER BASS!

Shars

• Members

EDIT: This is not intended as spam but a posting about an opp to be the first to see the new Spellbinder II bass and for bass players to be a part of this launch.

The all new Spellbinder II bass is now launched!

Designed by Stanley Clarke and Thomas Lieber and built alongside Rick Turner who built the 'Alembic Black Beauty' Bass.

This bass will be built in a run of 125 and no more.

When their gone, thats it! Their gone! and the moulds will be destroyed.

Each Bass will come signed,numbered and dated by Stanley,Thomas and Rick.

The first Spellbinder was built in a run of 50 in the early 80s and the moulds were also destroyed then to preserve aunthenticity as in todays run of basses.

Also we will be selling the Historic Black Beauty by Alembic, the first ever patented graphite necked bass made in 1977/1978 by Rick Turner for Stanley and which featured on the 'I Wanna Play for You' album.

This is a chance to own the bass!!

Portion of proceeds will be going to benefit the Stanley Clarke Foundation and Scholarship Fund.

Spellbinder also have other products that can be purchased like the Mando Piccolo bass designed again, by Stanley and Thomas as well as new products that we will be launching very very soon.

To visit the site, please visit http://www.spellbindercorp.com

This post is to inform people that the bass has been launched and nothing more.

If you feel this is spam, please do pass this onto the moderators and they can judge but as bassplayers, I thought you would appreciate a heads up.

Regards

• Members

Any problems, please let me know as the site has just gone live so maybe there will a be hic-cup or 2.

Shars

I wanted to check it out... but after a minute of listening to piano music overlaid on the Scofield's Uberjam I 'want' to hear with no way to kill the sites crap, I closed the window.

I'm sure it's a nice bass

• Members

The site doesn't work properly in FireFox 2.0.0.3 - when I try to get to the actual products, only part of the page loads, can't see the additional text or the specs frames.

Correction: it does eventually load correctly - it was probably just slow on the first load because of the inclusion of the music and other unnecessary "fancy" stuff slowing it down.

• Members

I didn't mind the music too much, but why would someone want to slow the user's experience of their site by including music that has nothing to do with the products in question? At best, it's irrelevant and slows down loading - at worst, people not into that style of music are actively offended and put off.

Now, if it was a band website, yeah, it makes sense to feature their music, but here you're trying to sell instruments.

Needs a lot of work.

• Members

most good sites with music give the user a choice to mute it at least. and I do believe a little Stanley action on the new bass would be better suited for the page.

Look in the bottom left hand corner marked with a EQ which will be made BIGGER. I did say there may be hic cups :rolleyes:

Track was chosen by Stanley and put up on request as its one of his own but for those who do not understand it, a SC classic line will be up shortly I am told.

Oh and don't shoot the messenger...I just put it up for people to have a fair share at the Alembic and also to own a limited edition SC Spellbinder.

Hope that makes things clearer.

All comments will be passed on

• Members

Look in the bottom left hand corner marked with a EQ which will be made BIGGER. I did say there may be hic cups
:rolleyes:

Yeah I saw it, I clicked it... and clicked it and clicked it again. That was close to 1/2 the minute I attempted to stop the music before going away.

• Members

+1 on the unfriendliness of the website.

don't even need the very first page.

not trying to rain on your parade Shars, but rather give some constructive criticism that the site is really slow (i've got cable too) and a little clumsy to navigate.

just my $0.02

• 1 year later...

Archived