Bands that suck

ec437

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I'll catch hell for this, but post-Beatles Paul McCartney.

I don't even really like later-era Beatles, and "Hey Jude" makes me want to tear my earballs out...but at least there is songwriting merit there. I haven't heard a post-Beatles McCartney song that wasn't an instant station-changer.

• Members

yeah cos thats so hard and all....

FALLOUT BOY ARE ON THE LIST!

as is Nickelback, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Panic! At The Disco, Avril (she's technically a band...), Wolfmother, new Incubus, Jet, Jimmy Eat World, Silverstein, Kasabian, Simple Plan....yeah I think I'm done ranting off the top of my head right now...

flame me bitches
:p

Jimmy Eat World and Kasabian are pretty good IMO.

Also I think Metallica is pretty good.

• Members

Went to a FOB concert before the new album dropped and they sounded fine. Didn't do as much of the kung-fool moves though. Maybe that made the difference.

Personally, I can't stand Dragonforce. Speed metal, ok, meh, but that vocalist is laughable.

• Members

I don't even really like later-era Beatles, and "Hey Jude" makes me want to tear my earballs out...but at least there is songwriting merit there. I haven't heard a post-Beatles McCartney song that wasn't an instant station-changer.

Nah, I agree. McCartney really brought teh suck after the beatles.

• Members
I've seen them twice and they put on a hell of a show both times.
:p

:D It's the least they could do if they aren't going to play in time.

Not that playing in time is the answer to sucking, mind you; Rush has great timing and they suck like a prom queen.

• Members

Nah, I agree. McCartney really brought teh suck after the beatles.

The missing element was Lennon's spice to contrast Macca's sugar.

...and same thing for post-Beatles Lennon - he had a few really good ones, but they too were missing the magic.

• Members

Banned.

You don't like Type O, Nevermore, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Nie Inch Nails, and bands like that? To each his own I guess...

I dislike the bands there, apart from DT, which I REALLY hate. ESPECIALLY Muyng.

• Members

For my tastes, I disagree: actually I thought he was in quite the writing spree in the 70s: "Maybe Im Amazed", "Live and Let Die", "Silly Love Songs"..theres a ton with Wings that were quite excellent. To me, it was about 1980 - with the 'McCartney II' album is where I mark where he started running out of ideas. Of course, this is just my opinion and we all know how you feel about white bald guys :mad:

:D

• Members
For my tastes, I disagree: actually I thought he was in quite the writing spree in the 70s: "Maybe Im Amazed", "Live and Let Die", "Silly Love Songs"..theres a ton with Wings that were quite excellent. To me, it was about 1980 - with the 'McCartney II' album is where I mark where he started running out of ideas. Of course, this is just my opinion and we all know how you feel about white bald guys
:mad:

My tastes can be changed on occasion. ;) When a guy is sexy, he's sexy. I simply can't fight that.

:love:

To be fair, I haven't heard a LOT of McCartney. But what I have heard, I haven't liked. I'm not much of a Beatles fan to begin with. My favorite Beatles songs are actually Herman's Hermits. :freak:

Archived