Ohio Meet?

Grumpy_Polecat

• Members

You guys plan and if we make it, we make it
:thu:

Alright, then the question becomes: would you guys all rather have it late next month or October? Late next month will be a bit hot, but we do have a wading pool-type thing here, so that'd be nice again. We could do grilling again still, and all that. As long as it's not raining of course...we have a pretty decent sized garage that we could use (if the camper gets fixed and out of it) and if not, then my ex-step-dad's garage should work just fine if it's next month...what say you?

The dates I'm looking at are:

July 28/29 (if we make it two)

or

October 20/21

• Members

I'll be coming with the rest of the Chicago contingent as long as it is a weekend I am free (basically alternating weekends).

+1

My gigging schedule will be my limited factor most likely. The sooner a date is picked, the more likely I can make it as I can block that date on the band calendar.

• Members

+1

My gigging schedule will be my limited factor most likely. The sooner a date is picked, the more likely I can make it as I can block that date on the band calendar.

Do you have the 21/22 open? If so, I'll go ahead and start planning that date and start up a new thread.

• Members

No offense intended but the Ohio Meet is going to be in Indiana? Or is this turning into a regional bass blowout weekend?

I'm off October 20/21 too.

Pfffttt...

The first Chicago Meet of 2008 is going to be in Vegas.

;)

:D

• Members

No offense intended but the Ohio Meet is going to be in Indiana? Or is this turning into a regional bass blowout weekend?

I'm off October 20/21 too.

Well, what happened is:

Nobody had laid anything out, and alot of the folks from Chicago were wanting to come. I had the brilliant idea of changing it to a midwest-y get together, that way most of the Ohio folks and the Chicago folks, and maybe some other folks would be able to come. My thinking was/is that I'm about equidistant from Columbus, Cinci, Toledo, and Chicago (give or take 20-50 miles). So really, for most, they'll be driving the same distance as if it were in the other city (ie: Cinci-Toledo) and there should be alot more people that show up. If my thinking offends you, that's why I started a new thread and labled it "Midwest GTG".

• Members

Well, what happened is:

Nobody had laid anything out, and alot of the folks from Chicago were wanting to come. I had the brilliant idea of changing it to a midwest-y get together, that way most of the Ohio folks and the Chicago folks, and maybe some other folks would be able to come. My thinking was/is that I'm about equidistant from Columbus, Cinci, Toledo, and Chicago (give or take 20-50 miles). So really, for most, they'll be driving the same distance as if it were in the other city (ie: Cinci-Toledo) and there should be alot more people that show up. If my thinking offends you, that's why I started a new thread and labled it "Midwest GTG".

No offense taken. It's a cool idea.

Archived