Ohio Meet?

Grumpy_Polecat

• Members

First to bring it up? Waste of Time? Fuel costs prohibitive? Missed it already?

I have been away (which some might have noticed and still others may have been thankful...), but a search showed pretty much no results, which indicates that one is NOT happening this year.

Is it too late to cobble something together?

Does anyone else care?

I'm willing to host!

• Members

but a search showed pretty much no results, which indicates that one is NOT happening this year.

Is it too late to cobble something together?

Does anyone else care?

I'm willing to host!

I live in Ravenna, south of Cleveland so uhm. yeah. Whereabouts are you? It's only June, why would it be too late?

• Members

I live in Ravenna, south of Cleveland so uhm. yeah. Whereabouts are you? It's only June, why would it be too late?

I'm about halfway between Mansfield and Cols. (7 miles from I71 exit 140).

Also, I do a weekend-long jam session in Magnolia every Labor Day. (It's 20 miles s/o Canton). Always too many guitarists and not enough bassists. You're more than welcome to attend.

• Members

I'm about halfway between Mansfield and Cols. (7 miles from I71 exit 140).

Also, I do a weekend-long jam session in Magnolia every Labor Day. (It's 20 miles s/o Canton). Always too many guitarists and not enough bassists. You're more than welcome to attend.

Cool, I might consider that. Spending time with family is usually something I do with those weekends, but hey you never know.

So you're pretty much in the heart, of the heart of it all. Centrally located even. Who else is interesteded?

• Members

I'd be interested, but I've hosted twice already. If I take a long trip, I might have to bring the fam with me. Also, my gig schedule could be prohibitive, but I guess we'll see...

We can meet you halfway then.

You bring the potato salad, cole slaw, potato chips, fritos, steak, hot dogs, camenbiere, beer and wine and I'll provide the place to put all of the above.

And, by all means, bring the family!

• Members

The closer you make it to the north west corner of the state, the more likely I can make it. I've got a lot of gigs scheduled as well in the coming months but do have a few weekends available and would love to meet you guys.

+1! If it's up near me I can get there a lot easier too. I've always wanted to come to a get-together, but have either been too broke or too busy in the past.

• Members

I'm in Columbus, but I'm new and also have no idea what I'm doing on guitar or bass. I wanted to add a yet, but I'm not sure if my skills are even up to suck so far.
:lol:

Dude, you cannot suck more than I, and nobody sucks lke lug!

• Members

I've met over 30 folks from this forum.

I show.

;)
:)

Yeah, well... You haven't been surrounded by a bunch of worthless nuts (buckeyes) yet have you? It might change your opinion.

Just ask T Alan (who hid in the back bedroom during most of our last meet.) It's not as easy as it seems, especially if you root for Duh Bears (or worse yet, Northwestern).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok. Here's a big bump for this thread.

I actually have an idea. I may actually be able to get us a place here IN BETWEEN IL and OH to jam, with a PA, drummer, guitarists, etc. Would be more than enough room for the lot of us that made it, and would have a stage too. I'll have to get back with you guys on a date and such, but I'm sure the store owner would be more than glad to rent/borrow out the room for a day. The nice part is, there are pretty cheap hotels nearby...nothin else to do...and I wouldn't have to drive! ;) (as luck has shown with me driving to meets...I'll end up dead going anywhere again). So, gimme a few days to talk to this guy, see what he thinks a good date would be...and we'll go from there. If all else fails, we could probably do it in the vicinity of my house...though the neighbors MAY complain if it gets TOO loud (loud past the point of my B4R at 1/2)...but it'd still be fun. It would be best to avoid any racing weekends (Brickyard 400 is the only other one coming up, I'm pretty sure) but what say you?

Archived