Ketchup on Hot dogs

B-Bottom

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get the annoyed look when I ask for ketchup on my hotdog here in Chicago. I don't get the big deal either, but apparently, that's the ultimate hotdog sin here.

The girl I work with was just telling me this. She's from Chicago and only gets ketchup on her Hot dogs. she said everytime she'd order one she got a {censored} you glare

• Moderators

Why do people make such a big deal about putting ketchup on a hot Dog?

Have you ever read the back of a hot dog package label? There's a reason ketchup is a big deal. :thu:

Edit - I love all things Chicago, but when it comes to chicago style dogs, resistance isn't futile. You can't take crushed chicken lips, put some tomatoes and lettuce on it and make it taste like a Big Mac.

• Members

{censored}ign gross and disgusting and blasphemous.

AS bad if not worse as calling soda "pop".

and a surefire way to mark one's self out as a rube.

You're talking about mustard, right? :D I agree, it's gross and disgusting and blasphemous.

I really don't understand yellow mustard on just about anything - completely overwhelms and destroys the flavor of whatever you put it on. May as well just eat the mustard straight. I hate the stuff.

• Moderators

Since I'm nowhere near a package of hot dogs right now... you'll have to enlighten me.

Here's one I found searching the net. I'm no where near a package either.;)

mechanically separated turkey, pork, mechanically separated chicken, water, contains less than 2% of salt, flavor, sodium lactate, corn syrup, sodium phosphates, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate (made from sugar), sodium nitrite.

130 calories of which 110 are from fat.:freak:

Hot dogs are great!!

Archived