Oatmeal Stout

Thunderbroom

• Members

OK

what is oatmeal stout.... is it like some kind of beer:confused:

The Poet has a rich, smooth malt character enveloped in tones of roast and chocolate. A soft mouth-feel brings luxurious flavors and soothing aroma. It pairs wonderfully with earthy flavors such as mushrooms and beef, while remaining the perfect accent to any chocolate.

• Members

The Poet has a rich, smooth malt character enveloped in tones of roast and chocolate. A soft mouth-feel brings luxurious flavors and soothing aroma. It pairs wonderfully with earthy flavors such as mushrooms and beef, while remaining the perfect accent to any chocolate.

Dang Dude you made me hungry:p

• Members

Oatmeal Stout just has flaked oats in the mash. Gives it a little heavier mouthfeel and imparts a slight "earthy" flavor. Good stuff. Milk Stout is brewed with lactose. Gives it a smoother "milkier" character. Go figure. :D

• Members

Oatmeal Stout just has flaked oats in the mash. Gives it a little heavier mouthfeel and imparts a slight "earthy" flavor. Good stuff. Milk Stout is brewed with lactose. Gives it a smoother "milkier" character. Go figure.
:D

I will be brewing a Caramel cream stout this summer sometime. Nothing like a good stout in the fall or winter...although I guess it could be tolerated in the summer:D

I'm all about IPA's right now though.

Dan

• Members

On a related note...

This past Friday and Saturday, I was drinking a bit of my uppity beer. When I got to my gig on Saturday night, I got an MGD in the bottle. For some reason, it was OUTSTANDING. It was ice cold and tasted soooo good to me.

Then you haven't fully come around yet:D I can't even think of drinking that swill. I've actually left bars because they didn't carry any decent beer.

Dan

• Members

For me: Stouts in the winter, Brown Ales in the Spring, IPA's all summer, Hefeweisen in the fall.
:thu:

Zachoff, when are you brewing another IPA, mang?
:idea:
C7

I haven't brewed in about a year, dude. Moving, divorce, work, stuff... Taken control.

I need to get to that happy place where I'm bored enough to waste a day making beer again. I can't f'n wait.

• Members

Then you haven't fully come around yet:D I can't even think of drinking that swill. I've actually left bars because they didn't carry any decent beer.

Dan

+1 MGD is piss.

That's all my dad drinks is MGD Light. In a can. Sick.

Archived