Who would you have liked to seen live in their prime?

Goofball Jones

• Members

If you could go back in time and see any musical act back in their prime, who would you like to go back and see.

At first, I would say Led Zeppelin, but I saw them in 1977....and while this wasn't in their prime (I'd say 71 or 73 was more in their prime), it was good. I also saw The Who with Keith Moon, and that was good also.

But I guess I'd like to have seen Pink Floyd during their Dark Side of the Moon tour, or even be at the Earls Court performance of The Wall.

Also, seeing the Clash in their prime would have been very nice also.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oooh. thats a good choice!

I saw Fogerty at the first show where he started playing CCR tunes again.

It was sick.

I'd like to see DLR-era VH on the 1984 tour.... or Fair Warning

I saw him with his new band a couple years ago. Stu Cook was still the bassist. Fogerty changed guitars for every song and had one shaped like a baseball bat.

• Members

yeah. it was a Day at the Green concert at Oakland Coliseum. The dead were headlining and it was liek i said the first time Fogerty decided it was alright to play those songs live again.

It must have been 88 or 89

I have a video of him playing with the Dead sometime in '91 at a benefit for Bill Graham. Kicks major assage. :thu:

As far as who I'd see, Led Zeppelin from around 75 or before, SRV up until late 85 and 87 until he died, Clapton up until . . . tickets to see him didn't cost an arm and a leg, Dylan in the 60s and 70s with The Band, the Dead any time up until late 90, Neil Young back in the 70s, although I'd still go see him today, Janis Joplin, and most definitely Hendrix.

Archived