OT: Taking the Border Patrol test tomorrow!!

Ender_rpm

• Members

I'm getting out of the Army in a couple months, and thought this might be an interesting career path, and hey, It'll make me finally learn spanish. Anyone work for the Border Patrol? Any pointers? I know about the "choice" of first assignments, but what can I expect at the academy? Pretty much basic all over again? Any pointers would be most appreciated.

• Members

See, I'm the son of a migrant, so....

Regardless, I think we should just annex mexico and canada and form one North American Super State. But then again, this is why I should probably not run for office
:)

It's a touchy subject, but I'm anti-annexing anyone. :) We have enough people on the gov't. teat as it is!

• Members

Hell, mexicans WANT to work!!! Now if they could just get thier own country's economy working, rather than relying on us to soak up excess workers, they'd be fine. Of course, we would have to find people to take the 5-6 million jobs left open, mostly at the bottom of the payscale. We could raise wages, and tempt kids to drop out earlier, get them stuck in grunt work jobs that deny them any kind of stability or future, and thump our chests proudly that at least we never had to learn spanish. Oh, wait...

• Members

Hell, mexicans WANT to work!!! Now if they could just get thier own country's economy working, rather than relying on us to soak up excess workers, they'd be fine. Of course, we would have to find people to take the 5-6 million jobs left open, mostly at the bottom of the payscale. We could raise wages, and tempt kids to drop out earlier, get them stuck in grunt work jobs that deny them any kind of stability or future, and thump our chests proudly that at least we never had to learn spanish. Oh, wait...

A lot do yes, and that's why they risk crossing the border. However, there's still waaaayyy too many in Mexico not doing much. If everyone wanted to work, well, they would. But some people are lazy, plain and simple. Has nothing to do with race. There are out of work and on welfare whites, blacks, mexicans and other hispanics, you name it they're on it.

An economy of this size, or any for that matter, just can't keep leaving the drain open and just expect all the working people to keep filling the pot back up when it's leaking so fast. It's a whole political thing anyhow. It's not like the gov't cares about these people individually. It's to get votes and tax the illegal people who are here, as for some dumbass reason they and many others feel it's "honorable" to "do your share and pay your taxes" and then everyone is happy.

Just doesn't work that way.

• Members

A lot do yes, and that's why they risk crossing the border. However, there's still waaaayyy too many in Mexico not doing much. If everyone wanted to work, well, they would. But some people are lazy, plain and simple. Has nothing to do with race. There are out of work and on welfare whites, blacks, mexicans and other hispanics, you name it they're on it.

An economy of this size, or any for that matter, just can't keep leaving the drain open and just expect all the working people to keep filling the pot back up when it's leaking so fast. It's a whole political thing anyhow. It's not like the gov't cares about these people individually. It's to get votes and tax the illegal people who are here, as for some dumbass reason they and many others feel it's "honorable" to "do your share and pay your taxes" and then everyone is happy.

Just doesn't work that way.

:confused: Illegals don't vote or pay Fed Taxes.

• Members

:confused:
Illegals don't vote or pay Fed Taxes.

That's why I said there's such a push for the amnesty act. And they don't pay taxes? Really. I know quite a few that I did some for at H&R Block. SSN's don't get matched up until later, as returns go to Ogden, UT and SSA info goes to Memphis, TN. You can fill out a W4, get a W2 or 1099, file a tax return and get EIC and child care credit along with your w/holding all with a fake social... Not terribly difficult.

And if you are here illegally and don't have a fake SSN, you can sign up for a TTIN I think is what it is. Basically it's just an IRS form you fill out that randomly assigns you a taxpayer number, and that's how you fill out a 1040, even if you don't have an SSN. Again, they're right there w/ spanish instructions in the IRS offices.

• Members

That's why I said there's such a push for the amnesty act. And they don't pay taxes? Really. I know quite a few that I did some for at H&R Block. SSN's don't get matched up until later, as returns go to Ogden, UT and SSA info goes to Memphis, TN. You can fill out a W4, get a W2 or 1099, file a tax return and get EIC and child care credit along with your w/holding all with a fake social... Not terribly difficult.

And if you are here illegally and don't have a fake SSN, you can sign up for a TTIN I think is what it is. Basically it's just an IRS form you fill out that randomly assigns you a taxpayer number, and that's how you fill out a 1040, even if you don't have an SSN. Again, they're right there w/ spanish instructions in the IRS offices.

My bad, missed your point. As far as getting taxes out of illegals, easy solution....NATIONAL SALES TAX! :mad:

• Members

My bad, missed your point. As far as getting taxes out of illegals, easy solution....NATIONAL SALES TAX!
:mad:

Our tax system is perfectly fine how it was originally written back in 1862... Now, if people would just adhere to it... ;)

I'd be ok w/ a NST if personal income taxes went away. But it's never going to, so adding another tax on top of that, is very scary for me. :)

• Members

My bad, missed your point. As far as getting taxes out of illegals, easy solution....NATIONAL SALES TAX!

Umm, how much $ do they spend on taxable goods, vice the amount citizens spend? A sales tax makes no sense. Nor does trying to use a 150 year old tax code, but we're getting off topic here :)

• Members

If my understanding is correct, you would become CPB(customs/border patrol) and you would get your training in FLETC (Federal Law enforcement training center) which is a cake walk. No boot camp, it's more like college. From what I hear theres a lot of umm...fraternization that goes on there:D. You'll probably do some running and maybe get yelled at a little, but it's all civilian trainers and from what I know it's pretty mellow.

Oh yeah, it's in Georgia.

Dan

• Members

Umm, how much $ do they spend on taxable goods, vice the amount citizens spend? A sales tax makes no sense. Nor does trying to use a 150 year old tax code, but we're getting off topic here

No income tax, ALL goods taxable...they gotta eat too! :mad:

• Members

If my understanding is correct, you would become CPB(customs/border patrol) and you would get your training in FLETC (Federal Law enforcement training center) which is a cake walk. No boot camp, it's more like college. From what I hear theres a lot of umm...fraternization that goes on there:D. You'll probably do some running and maybe get yelled at a little, but it's all civilian trainers and from what I know it's pretty mellow.

Oh yeah, it's in Georgia.

Dan

I thought it was New Mexico? Either way, doesn't sound too bad. Now if only I wasn't married ;)

• Members

I thought it was New Mexico? Either way, doesn't sound too bad. Now if only I wasn't married
;)

I guess I was wrong. Customs goes to FLETC, you go to New Mexico. My best guess would be that it will suck. But if you made it through boot camp, you will do fine. I would say contact the local BP agency in your area and ask.

Dan

• Members

I'm getting out of the Army in a couple months, and thought this might be an interesting career path, and hey, It'll make me finally learn spanish. Anyone work for the Border Patrol? Any pointers? I know about the "choice" of first assignments, but what can I expect at the academy? Pretty much basic all over again? Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Make sure you watch the movie "Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" first.

• Members

Umm, how much $ do they spend on taxable goods, vice the amount citizens spend? A sales tax makes no sense. Nor does trying to use a 150 year old tax code, but we're getting off topic here

Why, what's wrong with it? The foundational laws still make perfect sense, and why they were instituted under Lincoln and what for and who they apply to. The law hasn't changed. Just the on top wording when they "re-write" the IRC.

• Members

Make sure you watch the movie "Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" first.

Por que? Is this kind of like making army newbs watch "full metal jacket" or "saving private ryan"? Though "black hawk down" should prolly added to that list now.

• Members

See, I'm the son of a migrant, so....

Regardless, I think we should just annex mexico and canada and form one North American Super State. But then again, this is why I should probably not run for office

If you believe in destroying our borders, then you do not belong in the border patrol.

• Members

If you believe in destroying our borders, then you do not belong in the border patrol.

Maybe you missed the smiley? I'll stand by my committment to the laws and constitution of our nation, and have done so for several years now. Whatchoo been doin?

• Members

No, I'm not that cool :) Only CENTCOM :) And thanks. I'm not sure if this is definately what I want, but its a good opportunity, builds on my existing experience, and lets me keep serving the country in a domestic role. I also have resumes and feelers out all over the place, as the wife isn't too keen on leaving tampa just yet, but she agrees we have to go where the employemnt is. Fun!! not :)

Archived