Guitar Center to be sold

Phantasm

• Members

Perhaps their level of customer service will continue to decline and they'll start hiring even less competent sales people and pay them less. I love aquisitions.
:idea:
C7

+1.

I asked a douche bag there where they keep the speaker cables. He shows me the instrument cables. Again I tell him i need a speaker cable. he tells me that instrument cables work fine. UGH.

Of course the guy had a big stupid tattoo on his arm of an 8th note. You'd think someone that would go out of their way to show the world that they are in a band by having ink injected into their skin with a sharp needle would have at least basic knowledge of music gear.

• Members

Wait, Guitar Center is being sold....but they're the ones that bought up everything else.

Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, Woodwind & Brasswind and Music123 were all bought out by the same company. Are all these being sold with it?

Sheesh - I thought their catalogues were starting to look suspiciously similar. :(

• Moderators
+1.

I asked a douche bag there where they keep the speaker cables. He shows me the instrument cables. Again I tell him i need a speaker cable. he tells me that instrument cables work fine. UGH.

Of course the guy had a big stupid tattoo on his arm of an 8th note. You'd think someone that would go out of their way to show the world that they are in a band by having ink injected into their skin with a sharp needle would have at least basic knowledge of music gear.

I once asked if they had a 30' 1/4" TRS cable in stock. The sales rep came back to me after a long search and pointed to the 1/4" guitar cables and said the longest we have are these 18' cables, because after that 1/4" cable signals degrade. .:freak::D

• Members

When did GC buy M123/WWBW?
:confused:

This was earlier this year.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4924233.html

From that article:

"This year, Guitar Center bought musical instrument retailer Woodwind & Brasswind for about $30 million."

Woodwind & Brasswind owned Music123...and it's even on their building in South Bend Indiana.

• Members

How this all happened

would you believe the list price was 5.8 billion but they offered it at the low price of 2.5 billion!

Bain still thought they werent getting a very good deal. then some cool ass GC guy with a leather vest went up to the chairpeople at Bain and was like "for you bro i'll hook you up with a deal! you can have it for 1.9 billion! i wouldnt do this for anyone else! my boss is gonna be so pissed! oh well there goes my commission" and so it goes

• Members

This was earlier this year.

From that article:

"
This year, Guitar Center bought musical instrument retailer Woodwind & Brasswind for about $30 million."

Woodwind & Brasswind owned Music123...and it's even on their building in South Bend Indiana.

Wow, I knew M123 and WWBW were the same but didn't know GC bought them.

• Members

would you believe the list price was 5.8 billion but they offered it at the low price of 2.5 billion!

Bain still thought they werent getting a very good deal. then some cool ass GC guy with a leather vest went up to the chairpeople at Bain and was like "for you bro i'll hook you up with a deal! you can have it for 1.9 billion! i wouldnt do this for anyone else! my boss is gonna be so pissed! oh well there goes my commission" and so it goes

Then the clerk asked Bain for their address and phone number, and put them on their mailing list.:D

(for the record, Bain doesn't own Home Depot; they just bought their supply business)

• Members

Then the clerk asked Bain for their address and phone number, and put them on their mailing list.
:D

(for the record, Bain doesn't own Home Depot; they just bought their supply business)

To be fair to GC employees, asking that question is required because you have to make 1-week, 1-month, and 3-month follow up calls or you get in trouble. It's stupid, I know, but don't take it out on the GC reps.

Archived