Songs with bass solos???

Harlon

• Members

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really liked some of these tunes (particularly the James Taylor song that was suggested). As I was hunting around, I remembered the intro to No More Tears (Ozzy). I wound up grabbing that EQ curve with Ozone 3 and sticking it over a weak sounding bass track. I was surprised it did actually make it sound much better.

I've used Ozone 3 to capture EQ's for full mastering purposes, but I just wanted to see how it worked for a track. Pretty cool little program.

Thanks again

• Members

naked in the rain -- red hot chili peppers, blood sugar sex magik

aeroplane -- red hot chili peppers, one hot minute

the lines on "good" and "if you want me to stay" are not really solos, i don't think. they are more features. i think a solo should deviate from a repetitive part.

robb.

He asked for songs with sections of solo bass playing. He also did not define the parameters of "solo". Solo playing and taking a solo are different things. :)

• Members

I don't know if the recording is still available, but another Lee Sklar solo I've long admired is a live sonic onslought called Get Down, Piltdown - it was on a fusion project called Forward Motion by the Section. There are no other instruments on it, it's a bass (and serious effects) solo.

• Members

how 'bout the beginning of "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith

and "Ramble On" by Led Zeppelin (i know there's other parts going on, but those two stand out in my mind)

I consider those more "bass intros" than solos- they're not playing flashy licks or anything, just a riff....

• Members
how 'bout the beginning of "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith

and "Ramble On" by Led Zeppelin (i know there's other parts going on, but those two stand out in my mind)

+1. They're both great parts. I'd add 'Blood and Roses' by Smithereens.

And BTW, Floyd, disregard BC22 at your own peril. :evil:

:p

Archived