Spend My Gig Money

Thunderbroom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been considering getting one of these. Is this a tuner that would be easy to read in direct sunlight?

To tell you the truth, i've yet to ever see any screen or plastic covered dials, etc. that is easy to read in "direct*" sunlight. Bnyswonger should be able to tell you the answer for that.

* sun behind you reflected/glaring into the readout.

• Members

To tell you the truth, i've yet to ever see any screen or plastic covered dials, etc. that is easy to read in "direct*" sunlight. Bnyswonger should be able to tell you the answer for that.

* sun behind you reflected/glaring into the readout.

Once someone develops something like this, I'll be all over it. It's not a huge issue with me as my basses tend to stay in tune pretty well. I just hate not being able to see my tuner clearly when playing outdoor gigs.

• Members

Once someone develops something like this, I'll be all over it. It's not a huge issue with me as my basses tend to stay in tune pretty well. I just hate not being able to see my tuner clearly when playing outdoor gigs.

Oh ok, now i see what you're saying. You mean for a rack mount? i think Bob will be able to give you the lowdown.

I ordered the Strobo Flip so i can pass it around during warm up. My basses are like yours, stay in tune for days actually, it's those skinny stringers that have to retune after every song. :D

• Members

Oh ok, now i see what you're saying. You mean for a rack mount? i think Bob will be able to give you the lowdown.

I ordered the Strobo Flip so i can pass it around during warm up. My basses are like yours, stay in tune for days actually, it's those skinny stringers that have to retune after every song.
:D

I mean pedal tuner. I've got a rackmount Korg that I sometimes use depending on which head I use, but it's difficult to see in daylight.

• Members

Since the G&L is apparently a no-go with the ebony-only board, it may be time for a Warmoth when I'm ready.

Warmoth has some damn nice stuff, but for as long as you've been talking about getting an ASAT I think you ought to call G&L and see if they can't be persuaded to make you what you want Jeff.

• Members

If I had $1800 to put into gear, I'd get a LeCompte. Although I have to agree, that G&L sounds ideal. You are planning to get a matching headstock, no?

Matching headstock? Maybe. With a natural finish, the headstock should look kinda similar anyway.

I asked Bud for a quote on a bass similar to an ASAT. He just got back to me and said he doesn't do Fender clones. I thought he did based on this:

http://www.lecomptebass.com/specials/fretlessp/

• Members

I like the ING savings account idea best as well. If you're not 100% yet, you might as well make that money work for you to get more of it!!!

Other suggestions: I want an NYC Sadowsky 5 string. Not sure exactly what options/colors I want, but they are damn nice basses. Try one out...

Recording Equipment?

Upright? More of an acoustic one instead of the electric...

Lots of replenishable items like strings and cables. Backups for the backups...

Archived