OT: Advice on dealing with the BBB (Warning: a bit long)

Phantasm

• Members

Stick it out. Its getting better down here. On the other hand, that is a good sign - could mean there isn't as much poor if those jobs are hard to fill. Our lease just ended that was a $1500 gouger signed right after the storm at Jeff/Magazine b/c we had to come back for my wife's job and there was nothing. We are moving this weekend into a very similar place at St. Charles and Short for $950.

Its getting better, its getting cheaper. Just bear with it.

Where do you live in the city?

I live on the Westbank and work Downtown.

• Moderators
Honestly dude, give it up. Just don't do business with them period. I bet the business isn't even profiting 10 bucks after paying employees and what not. You're not doing them a favor by paying full price and they're not doing you any favors by doing a shoddy job in your eyes, just move on and don't cause your own trouble.

+1 Just move on down the road. Your wife needs to chill out. The woman on the other end of the line said something really stupid. So what? You aren't going to use them again anyway. I'm down with the other posters who say get a neighborhood kid to mow it for $20.

• Members

+1 Just move on down the road. Your wife needs to chill out. The woman on the other end of the line said something really stupid. So what? You aren't going to use them again anyway. I'm down with the other posters who say get a neighborhood kid to mow it for $20.

Even the neighborhood kids have figured out that $30 minimum is what they can get! It's crazy down here. If you're in any kind of a skilled labor field, you could make a killing down here (like most people already are.)

Archived