dumb question....

bassdudeguy

• Members

is there price/tone differences

and what would you recomend for running a yorkie xs800 to a xc410

Small price difference, not enough to fret over.

Barely an audible difference, if at all. I mean we're talking about cables less than 10 ft.

Get you a 6 ft. 14 ga. unshielded cable with respective ends to your equipment. You'll be good to go.

:thu:

• Members

Barely an audible difference, if at all. I mean we're talking about cables less than 10 ft.

Get you a 6 ft. 14 ga. unshielded cable with respective ends to your equipment. You'll be good to go.

thanks for the help :)

• Members

is there price/tone differences

and what would you recomend for running a yorkie xs800 to a xc410

Other things being equal, the lower the number the better. (lower guage means thicker copper)

• Members

Speaker cables. Thinner then 16 gauge is poor sound imo esp for bass. 14 gauge is excellent choice, but 16 will do fine for most applications. Use oxygen free copper for best sound. Rewire the inside of cab if its got thin stuff like 18-20 gauge with 14 or 16.

• Members

2 conductor cables won't make tone differences, they might make construction diffrences, one is heftier than the other.... but unless you pull out some fine measuring equipment and measure in an acoustically perfest room, you won't be able to HEAR a difference, and certainly not in a situation with more than just the one amp/cab pumping away.

This is one of those audiophile (guys who spend way too much on hom stereo gear) things, drives me nuts... I've wired cabs, I've re-wired cabs that had older wires, other than th fact that the new wires worked, there was no tonal differences....

• Members

+1...

- georgestrings

• Members

Not really clear on what might happen, but I think it's because the gauge is too light and might fry things.

I heard an explanation for this once, and promtly forgot it. Just remember to use speaker cable.

Isn't there a reason for the speaker wires in the cabinet to be twisted? Can anyone explain this?

• Members

Not really clear on what might happen, but I think it's because the gauge is too light and might fry things.

I think I'm going to tell the guitards in my band to use proper speaker cables from now on, then. They just use regular instrument cables.

Archived