My cat got out!!! (bloggish)

Ender_rpm

• Members

Thanks for the kindness all. She was spotted last night, in front of our apartment, while my wife and i were out looking for her!!!! I'm seriously pondering a hav-a-heat trap, but I wonder if I order one/find one and she'll be back already. urgh :)

• Members

Glad she's OK... cat's can be kind of fickle. Hope you get her back soon.

A friend of mine lost a cat for a year, turned out it had moved to live on a farm a couple of miles away. The same cat had had a habit of disappearing for several weeks at a time and returning hungry and flea-bitten for a bit of TLC every so often.

• Members

My cat is an indoor cat who LIVES to escape. Fortunately, we always notice right away. It's a pain in the ass because you can never leave a door open or he sneaks out real quick. Every time he's gotten out, he starts eating grass and doesn't try to run away if you approach slowly. They aren't the bightest critters, but we love them anyway.

• Members

Well she came back :) Went out for our "patrol" and she was hiding in some bushes out in front of the building, came right out to us. If I wasn't so happy to see the little {censored}, i'd kill her :) One good dinner, and a bath later, and the family is whole again!! Woo hoo!!!

• Members
Well she came back
:)
Went out for our "patrol" and she was hiding in some bushes out in front of the building, came right out to us. If I wasn't so happy to see the little {censored}, i'd kill her
One good dinner, and a bath later, and the family is whole again!! Woo hoo!!!

Kitty's Big Adventure. :thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members
Well she came back
Went out for our "patrol" and she was hiding in some bushes out in front of the building, came right out to us. If I wasn't so happy to see the little {censored}, i'd kill her

Beautiful !!! :thu:

• Members
:D

I've heard this. I had so many people tell me I'd have to get rid of them before I have the baby. They do like to snuggle, so I am worried he'd try to sit on her face. I'm going to put tin foil in the crib tonight-when he jumps in he'll be real quick to get out. Hopefully that'll train him to stay out.

I have three cats and have owned many more. NEVER but NEVER have I seen a cat that was afraid of tinfoil, plastic rap, wax paper, etc. Infact, these turn out to be some of their favorite toys.

• Members
Well she came back

YAAY! :thu::D

That's good!

• Members

Ender,

Glad to hear she came back! I thought she wouldn't have wandered too far and was probably siting in wait in a hidey-hole somewhere. Given that it was a couple of days since you'd seen her, once she spotted you she probably realised that you were the only familiar sights she'd seen for a couple of days too and missed you. Although my cat has never escaped, she displays this kind of behaviour everytime she goes somewhere new or is put into boarding. Cats get very set in their ways and although escape seemed like a good idea at the time, most cats will get pretty scared of the unfamiliar and will hide until they feel safe and unthreatened. Usually hunger over-rides this and they will came back the same way they left.

Archived