Antoniotsai 7 string, waste of time?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

c42e_1.JPG

c4a9_1.JPG

c509_1.JPG

This bass is only AUD$500 BIN, is this a "great deal" or "waste of time"?

Anyone ever played one? Would I be happier buying the mods I've been planning for my Jazz than getting this? - I realise that's something I have to answer myself, I'm just typing my thoughts at the moment :D:D

Thanks.

• Members

Says waste of time. Neck would have to be awfully wide and cant imagine but a very few able to comfortably play it. Beyond that, what use do you have for 7th string? And where to get string sets for & dont even count on most brands making sets for such a bass. Then back to the initial thing. What purpose would a 7 string have? Very few use sixers. And awfully wide neck on the thing making it not reasonably playable for most imo.

• Members

really?

I've heard that they aren't bad for the cash. It's the heavy inlayed acoustic instruments that I've heard fall apart.

My impression is the same as James'.

If you look up hollowbody acoustic guitars by him, all reviews point to structural problems.

However, I haven't heard of any issues with solidbody electrics. There were even some youtube videos with one of those, and they sounded pretty sweet. I'd expect some fretwork issues and cheap electronics, but otherwise it's probably as good a 7 string as you'll get for that money. Some of his models even look really nice.

• Members

I heard some mixed reviews about them and agree with some of the previous comments about some falling appart or having some issues such as needing regular set-ups due to fret-buzz.

Having said that I have seen some youtube vids of guys playing them and if you've got a good one, it should be as good as any 7 on the market.

I'm not sure that I'd want to buy one direct from them, I'd prefer to buy one that someone has used and has a good history of no problems with it.

Hope it goes well for you mate and it will be like playing a completely different instrument to a traditional 4 or 5 stringer. :thu:

By the way............I think you need to get your mum to buy you some new socks for Christmas mate............:lol:

Archived