How many of you are totally satisfied with your current bass & rig?

picker13

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More than satisfied. At the moment, it's kind of like the feeling you have after you've eaten too much great food. I have too much stuff, and it's too good. My playing needs could be met these days with a Rogue starter pack, but I can't seem to let the good stuff go. Or sometimes even to keep from buying more good stuff if the price is great.

• Members

Basses... I rarely surf / read / drool over anything more than I have.

Rig... 100% satisfied with my tone, but I am looking to recreate my cabs in a modular set up.

but FX... they are like Pokemon, "Gotta catch them all!". That's my current GAS... little noise and dirt boxes.

• Members

I'm set for now....MM Ray 5 into rack system into Schro 21012 does it really well for me in any sitch I've come across for the last year or so...

I would like to off the rack and get a large bass head though, as the need for effects in my playing has diminished so that a single stomp chorus will get me by lately...I'm thinking SWR SM900 or Eden WT800....

• Members

I am totally satisfied right now. I could buy some boutique basses and all that but I don't feel the desire or need. My Jack Casady bass is the most expensive pice of equipment I have. My Ampeg amp cost $550. 4 basses including an upright is enough. And I might be selling the upright anyway.

• Members

Well, almost....

Bass: Custom built Stambaugh

Cabinet: Schoeder Flight Ready 412L

Power Head: Carvin DCM1500

I'm in need of a good preamp.

Soon to have a couple Schroder/bassnutz prototypes

21015 and a 215. We'll see how well those work out :thu:

• Members

It really depends on the application for me.

When I was doing just jazz/funk gigs with URB & electric, the old SWR Workingman's 10 w/ext speaker was fine.

When I started doing cover bands and wound up doing five years in my old rock band, the Hartke HA4000 and 410tp was plenty loud and aggressive for anything I needed.

Hanging that up and playing in a blues band, the GK 700rb-II with Aggie GS112 was THE tone. In fact, if I ever do rock gigs again, I'm buying that exact rig. It was smokin'.

Now that I'm back to theatre work with jazz/funk gigs on rare occasion, the EA iAmp Micro 300 paired with a Schroeder Mini 12R should do the trick, and handle anything I throw at it.

• Members

I'm fairly satisfied with my basses, though I would like to pick up a MIA Jazz or a Geddy Lee Jazz in the near future.

I'm not satisfied with my amp setup, however. It's old, underpowered, and the cabinet is unbelievably heavy for only have a 12 and an 18. But, money is tight as always, so I'm going to have to work with it for now. I did try an Ashdown last week with a Eden 4x10, and really liked the tone I got, so that might be something to check out when I do have the money.

Archived