How many of you are totally satisfied with your current bass & rig?

picker13

• Members

This was kind of brought up by the wallet thread, but I'm quite satisfied by my crrent rig and backup, that I don't even look at catalogs or have an interest in going to the music store at all.

Bass: Modulus Q5 (backup Parker Fly5)

Amp: Eden 800 (backup SVT -- see sig)

Cabs: Schroeder 410 and 212

Outboard Gear: dbx 166 compressor, active DI (for SVT), and Sabine rack tuner

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'll be the first to say I'm relatively unhappy with what I've got.

I play:

G&L L2000 or MIM P -> Trace Elliot vtype 300h -> Avatar 410 Delta.

two improvements needed. New, lighter cab. I can actually coax some really great sounds out of it, but I need something much more compact and lighter. I heard a forumite's Aggie GS112 stack and fell in love with them. I'd also like to add a Jazz bass to my stable. I'm going to try and take care of that by the end of the month.

• Moderators

Fender P & P/J basses and Godin PJ.

Mesa M-Pulse 600 and GB NeoX-212T cab

Mesa Walkabout Scout 12

Sennheiser Digital 1000 wireless and Boss VF-1 1/2 racks

About the only thing I am not satisfied with is the poor battery life on the wireless. At some point in the near future I'd like to get the new X2 rack unit that's coming soon.

• Members

I guess I'll be the first to say I'm relatively unhappy with what I've got.

I play:

G&L L2000 or MIM P -> Trace Elliot vtype 300h -> Avatar 410 Delta.

two improvements needed. New, lighter cab. I can actually coax some really great sounds out of it, but I need something much more compact and lighter. I heard a forumite's Aggie GS112 stack and fell in love with them. I'd also like to add a Jazz bass to my stable. I'm going to try and take care of that by the end of the month.

Jazz bass huh? I might know a guy who knows a guy that has a Marcus Miller that he'd sell you for cheap. PM if you're even remotely interested. We can certainly save on shipping too...

• Members

Jazz bass huh? I might know a guy who knows a guy that has a Marcus Miller that he'd sell you for cheap. PM if you're even remotely interested. We can certainly save on shipping too...

I've been trading PMs with kindness about doing work on a Squier VM. Don't have the cash for a miller :cry:

I'd assume those things go pretty quickly on NYC craigslist. Throw a listing up there?

• Members

bass: yes.

rig: no.

That said, I wouldn't mind a couple more basses to have around too, but if I had to play with my Reverend forever I wouldn't be upset about it at all.

The Yorkie combo is adequate and was super cheap when I bought it, but I'd like something newer/better.

Archived