How many of you are totally satisfied with your current bass & rig?

picker13

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
One of these days I need to dump my Avatar neos and jump on the Genz Benz neox band wagon.

Having owned the Avatar 210 neo for a while, and hearing the Neox for about 10 minutes, you can't believe how much better the GB's are. It's night and day, and you'll never look back.:cool:

• Members

My Rig? No. I need more "whump" out of my rig. If you heard it, you'd know what I mean. It's got great tone and great punch...but I want that...low end punch...not the mid range...

Basses? At some point I might mod the two I have and MAYBE get a 6'er and upright...but other than that? Probably not. I'm in love with my jazz and the Fullerton...they're bootiful.

• Members

I'm basically done with my rig once my Dr Bass shows up. Until it gets here, I think I'm going to continue to gas. Once it gets here, it's time to refinish and respeaker my 15" cab, and get a rackmount multieffects unit of some kind and maybe a power conditioner, and I'm all done.

So yeah I'm almost done. until I think of something else I need desperately. which I suppose means I'm a permanent gasser:(

• Members

Between my 2 basses, and several combinations of heads and speaker cab choices, including one combo Bassman, I believe my gear exceeds my abilities. I would have to be a lot better, and make much more money as a musician to really need anything else. I still like to look though. We have been recording a demo all week, and I am pretty happy with the bass tracks. Band thinks so, too.

• Members

I love my Randall head, Carvin 210 and my standard jazz. Absolutely. It's all loud enough and diverse enough to hit what I aim for, unless I'm too lazy to turn some knobs and change hand positioning.

I got the Lyon because I wanted to disassemble and upgrade a bass, I snagged this GSR 100 because I used to envy the guy that had it(who, surprisingly, left it in shambles), and I got my Peavey Fury II because I felt that I needed active electronics. :)

In a couple of weeks, I'm ordering out for a beater ABG, for a guitar class I'm taking next semester. I may also get a Rouge sixer in the future. I get most of my gear out of situational necessity, but it's never because I'm unhappy with what I have, though, I was getting bored with the Jazz back in the day, but that's reasonable. I didn't get anything "better", and the Fury was actually less expensive. :p

Now, I just need something with a fat neck on it. G&L? :p

Archived