Band Intro

Thunderbroom

• Members

A couple of questions...

Do any of you in bands do a band member intro during any of your shows? We've been dong this with "Walking On Sunshine". Everyone just drops out except the drummer and the singers introduce each of us and we start in with our part of the song. I'm not sure what I think about it. I do have to say that the crowd seems to dig it at every gig.

Now that I have a looper, I've been thinking of recording some band intro thing for the start of a show...something simple like, "Ladies and Gentlemen...115 Bourbon Street Welcomes Back to the Sports Bar Stage...Yard Fulla Cars!"

Stupid?

• Members

Hard to say about the intros. My first inclination is that it would probably work for you guys.

Hard to tell about the looper intro too.

The band member intro does work for us. I guess I'm just tiring of it. We played to two large (500+ each) crowds this weekend and at both gigs people were cheering during the intros.

:freak:

For the looper thing, I'm thinking some along the lines of a Michael Buffer type intro similar to what you here before a prize fight.

• Members

We don't do member intros, but we did use an intro for a lot of the big shows that we played. I just put it on my sampler and it is how we started our shows.

This is the very end of it.

http://hatredalive.com/nicks/hateintroend.mp3

We used it the first time when we opened for Six Feet Under and the response was really good. Of course we're a fast, aggressive band, so the anticipation of the start of the show was a big factor. Personally, I like intros as long as they are done well.

• Members

A couple of questions...

Do any of you in bands do a band member intro during any of your shows? ...
I do have to say that the crowd seems to dig it at every gig

Stupid?

Your answer is right there.

we used to do band intros at the end of the night. we'd be approaching the end of the last tune and vamp on one chord while the singer did the intros, and then go into the last verse of the tune and finish up.

i like band intros.

• Members

Not at all. I like 'em!
:thu:

+1

I dont do it in my current band, although sometimes I'll start a night with a heavey-laden synth pad filter-sweep type thing, I probably will do something similar with the upcoming working electronica band #2....In the past I have generally played in bands that dont do intros but I certainly do think either one of your ideas do have merit

• Members

About the looper idea, my band Ghostowne sometimes uses the Warner Bros. cartoon theme from the guitarists sampler pedal. People seem to like it.

We always do a song that has a little solo section for everyone in the band. We get introduced right before our section. Then I am the one to introduce the singer/songwriter. We think it's funny to introduce each other like this:

"And now, joining us all the way from the backwoods of West Virginia, even though his asshole is sore from his cousin pounding away, Yes, ladies and gentleman, on the drums, way in the back, right where we like him, ERIC "the tea-bagger" FIELDS!!!

Now this guy over to my right, the man with more licks than it takes to get to the center of any womans lollipop, and his guitar riffs ain't bad either, there is a reason he doesn't sing, coming out here all the way from Tallahassee Florida, SEPH "half-a-man" HAMMER!!!

And this fine young gentleman standing here laying down the grooviest low down thump you will ever hear, the ladies love sitting on his amp, hailing all the way from Nashville Tennesee, fresh from a recording session with Barry Manilow and Barbara Streisand, Give it up for MATT "thunder" CONLIN!!"

Well, you get the idea. According to these introductions, I have lived in Madagascar, Liberia, Saddams underground cave, Sssan Francsssisssco, Kentucky and multiple other places. It's funnier every time cause we make it up on the spot, and we have no idea what the other members are going to say about us. The audience seems to like it also.

It is also a great way to stretch out a set list another half hour if you're running short on songs.

• Members

We do one during the last song of every set. It gives the folks a chance to 'get to know you' instead of being seperated by the onstage/offstage line.... if you listen to 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' or 'All Right now' on our Myspace, you can hear how we do it... we break down and do the blah blah blah and then come back with on emore verse or chorus with a lot of energy and then we're out on break!!!

Archived