TO fined for touchdown celebration

Psilocybin

• Members

Lame. Ocho Cinco makes a Hall of Fame jacket for a celebration and TO gets fined for using a ball?

You see, Chad Johnson's celebration was OK because he didn't dare to desecrate the sanctity of the NFL. Owens, on the other hand, had the audacity to poke fun at this entire joke of an ordeal. He's lucky Gooddell didn't suspend him four games.

:rolleyes:

• Members

all i am trying to say is that johnson abided by the rules as they stand today and TO did not. you cant use the ball as a prop and anything deemed excessive by refs in the endzone will get a flag.

Like many other things, it's fairly subjective. I don't necessarily like TO but I didn't find it in anyway over the top. Obviously someone more important that me did though.

• Members

Lame. Ocho Cinco makes a Hall of Fame jacket for a celebration and TO gets fined for using a ball?

I don't know about the jacket, but Johnson gets fined for most of his celebrations.

Last year, he actually ran stuff by the league to see what the fine would be (not sure if he did this regularly or just once or twice). He says he doesn't care and paying a few thousand a week is worth entertaining the crowd.

It's obviously nothing more than perception, but I don't mind Johnson's celebrations, but I really dislike TO's. Johnson's seem to be in the spirit of "heh, wouldn't it be funny if I..." and TO's all seem to be "Hey, look at me...I said Look at me!!!" (Like the Dallas Star pose, the sharpie, etc)...

Like I said though, that's nothing more than my perception.

• Members

It's obviously nothing more than perception, but I don't mind Johnson's celebrations, but I really dislike TO's. Johnson's seem to be in the spirit of "heh, wouldn't it be funny if I..." and TO's all seem to be "Hey, look at me...I said Look at me!!!".

Johnson's all about having fun, I don't have an issue with him either. TO, eh, but I wasn't bugged by what he did on Sunday. I though it was funny!

• Members

Was he the "extra thigh muscle" guy?

"Big thighs"...he was the guy who said:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way -- because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner -- the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Now, in the same interview he also said Black athletes work harder than White athletes, so he wasn't just saying "Sambo's strong cuz he dun been bred that way"...but still :D

• Members
"Big thighs"...he was the guy who said:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way -- because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner -- the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Now, in the same interview he also said Black athletes work harder than White athletes, so he wasn't just saying "Sambo's strong cuz he dun been bred that way"...but still
:D

Y'know what's funny? I didn't think anything was wrong with what Jimmy the Greek said.

• Members

Johnson's all about having fun, I don't have an issue with him either. TO, eh, but I wasn't bugged by what he did on Sunday. I though it was funny!

so let me get this straight, Chad Johnson and Terell Owens are OK, but Tom Brady is arrogant?

:freak:

i guess 3 Super Bowls trophies will do that to you.

• Members

so let me get this straight, Chad Johnson and Terell Owens are OK, but Tom Brady is arrogant?

:freak:

i guess 3 Super Bowls trophies will do that to you.

I didn't say anything about whether or not I felt they were arrogant.

When someone mentions Tom Brady to me, the first image that comes to my mind is a guy who works his butt off to be as physically and mentally prepared as he can for game time. He was also incredibly fortunate to land in a situation where he had a fantastic supporting cast around him while he honed his skills and learned how to play at a professional level. Any problems with that?

• Members

You see, Chad Johnson's celebration was OK because he didn't dare to desecrate the sanctity of the NFL. Owens, on the other hand, had the audacity to poke fun at this entire joke of an ordeal. He's lucky Gooddell didn't suspend him four games.

:rolleyes:

I think he was fined because he did it in the end zone right after the TD. Johnson did it on the sidelines. The whole {censored}ing thing is ridiculous.

They enforce a celebration rule to take the fun out of the game because we all know how fragile the players are. :rolleyes:

It also shows they do watch and listen to stories about themselves even though they say they don't. I mean, who's a bigger narcissist than TO?

• Members

I think he was fined because he did it in the end zone right after the TD. Johnson did it on the sidelines. The whole {censored}ing thing is ridiculous.

I actually know the letter of the rule and why it was enforced in this case (celebrations using the football as a prop are now grounds for an automatic fine, as are other things...)...I was just trying to make a point.

We're on the same page :wave:

Archived