uh oh! looks like i got lavaman started in in OJ as well....

bassesofalessergod

• Members

That group failed to set a reasonable standard in their testing plain and simple, so for them to turn around ask for anything more than what they did is simply hypocritical and should be taken as such.

Here's a post from another forum, just to show their are two sides to very story: (This person did this on his own volition)

Double the iterations of the Chicago test:

"i finally went around to doing a blind a/b test with my planet waves cable through my setup. i did 10 random cable trials on clean and 10 on pretty high gain

on clean - i got 10/10 correct, the difference was pretty obvious and the the other cable (name deleted) just sounded more 3d like and fuller

on high gain though, i had some problems identifying the correct cable. i only got about 7 or 8 correct out of 10. Im not sure whether it is ear fatigue or not knowing what to look out for. again i felt the other cable (name deleted) sounded more full and 3d like, but the difference was much less than on the clean channel"

:o

• Members

Oh dear, I kinda feel sorry for him
:(

He should have just said; "
I sell cables.. if you don't wanna buy them.. {censored} off
"

Yup.

"I sell cables, if you don't think a $200 cable is better that a $100 cable, then your not a musician and have tin ears" attitude obviously doesn't work.

• Members

Yep, it is such a stupid way of going about things... he is insulting his target market group and spreading it around liberally, doing untold damage to his business and reputation.

Not sure I feel so sorry for him now actually...

• Members

That was mass gang attack on me simply to to try and overcome the FACT that their weak 5-iteration open test (not blind or double blind was wortheless) So, they got defensive when I called it for what it was, and tried to ask for something they were incapable of doing in the fist place...again kind of hypocritical on thier part...

There are clips posted on this thread as well as that thread that were simply poo-pooed by them that anyone can listen to and actually hear differences between cables.

I challenged them to go down to their local music store and compare George L's gainst Mogami or Planet Waves - pretty easy to do, no video required - they did not respond to that.

The simple truth is that you CANNOT make ANY generalizations about cables from what the Chicago testers did - when I called them on that they got defensive and it was game on. What they did would NOT be accepted by ANYONE in any technical or engineering circle.

How about this, to prove my point lets take the first post in that thread (The test results) and send it to the the Audio Engineering Society (AES) the world's accepted resident experts for more than 60 years who publish engineering papers all the time on differenct audio engineering subjects and see if meets their standards for objective evaluation - which by the way are the accepted standards by the industry as whole.

OH SNAPZORZ!!!! :o

• Members

CraigV is now my hero:

They were up front with how they initially tested.

They explained and admitted the mistakes in their initial testing.

They offered to set up double-blind testing, and to let *you*, as the person making the claims, be the test subject.

They offered to fly you to Chicago, put you up, feed you, and perform the tests.

They offered countless alternatives to have a test be performed.

You refused to answer, poo-poo'd double blind testing, threatened lawsuits, deleted posts from the thread, sent harrassing PM's, insulted and personally attacked forumites and moderators (including me), and did your best to prove NOTHING.

I won't draw any conclusion that could be made of your behavior there. I'll let everyone else do that for themselves.

• Moderators

"soup cans + fishing line > lava cables" - skippydmongoose

:D

are you {censored}ING kidding me!!?

That is potentially the best quote I've ever seen anywhere. I obviously disagree from a technical perspective, but from a personal perspective I am more likely to use soup cans and fishing line than any lava cable.

• Members

That is potentially the best quote I've ever seen anywhere. I obviously disagree from a technical perspective, but from a personal perspective I am more likely to use soup cans and fishing line than any lava cable.

I'm really starting to warm up to OJ-

they're like the asses here, except they mean it! :D

Archived