Check This: Hearing-Related ~ Mosquito Ringtones

Thunderbroom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm 24 and I could hear up to 18.8, but there is no way I would use that as a ringtone. That would be unbearable.

Also, most people can hear the vibrating, if I'm at work and someone calls or texts me, I usually hear the vibration before I feel it.

• Members

Holy Crap!

I was trying to do the test on my laptop but it kept freezing so I went down to my office.

I'm 41 and was able to hear 21.1kHz!

:eek:

+1

I'm 34, and was able to hear the 21.1hHz loud and clear. :)

I couldn't hear that final/highest pitched tone, however, I felt my ears kinda 'react' to the tone in some way.

Cool - despite attending loud live music shows in small clubs for years, my hearing is still in good shape. I wear musician's plugs every time we rehearse, play, and/or I attend shows with volume. Couldn't be happier with them, and they don't detract from me being able to hear the music/tones well.

Guess my hearing is still pretty intact...cool :thu:

• Members

He hears things that don't exist. Like the 22.4 kHz file.

If you check the OJ thread, we did arrive at something that could at least potentially be heard by humans, though exceedingly unlikely. Of course, I was the one who did the math (I honestly believe he doesn't understand the formulae and how these concepts work).

• Moderators
If you check the OJ thread, we did arrive at something that could at least potentially be heard by humans, though exceedingly unlikely. Of course, I was the one who did the math (I honestly believe he doesn't understand the formulae and how these concepts work).

Those calculations don't factor in the input impedance of the amplifier which actually has the effect of squashing the peak. Yes, there is a slight possibility that there is a combination of pickups, cables and amps that might cause a resonant frequency shift between two cables that could possibly be heard by the most perceptive of human beings, but that was never the claim and you and I both know it. :)

• Members

for some reason my soundcard isn't generating the 22.4 but i have been tested professionally...for my livelyhood, and i can hear into the 23khz's it's annoying sometimes...i can hear various electronics that are on but idle...

oh i'm 31

• Members
for some reason my soundcard isn't generating the 22.4 but i have been tested professionally...for my livelyhood, and i can hear into the 23khz's it's annoying sometimes...i can various electronics that are on but idle...

oh i'm 31

Now you're someone who we should use to test cables :D

Archived